Chapter Seventy-Six

Happy Halloween!

If you're aren't dressing up or going trick or treating you disappoint me.

Karly's POV

We spent the Halloween at our house due to my arm and Hayes knee. Hailey and Peyton still came over and I told them what I imagined when I went unconscious from falling down the stairs.

We ended up watching Halloween movies in the den all night, and not horror movies because I can't watch anything scary after what had happened in my head.

We watched cheesy movies like Halloween town and Charlie And The Great Big Pumpkin.

I took my eyes off the screen for two seconds and saw Peyton and Hailey cuddling together.

It kinda made me jealous, but I couldn't do anything about it because I had a boyfriend that I wanted to fix things with.

I turned on my phone '2:34 am'

I looked at Hayes, the tv screen light shinned on his face. I scooted closer to him hoping he wasn't done with me forever.

I sat against the wall next to him propping my arm against my chest.

His warm arm found its way around my shoulders. I scooted even closer.

He pulled me closer and held me. I looked at Peyton and Hailey again who were almost sleeping.

The fading sound of the TV and the clicks from the clock was soothing.

I looked at the black clock on the wall.

'2:45 am'

I heard foot steps coming up the stairs.
I looked around the room where everyone was sleeping.
I tilted my head on Hayes shoulder and shut my eyes pretending to be sleeping.

The small door creaked open, I heard Nash's weary laugh and Matt's whisper.

"Dude shut up" Nash whispered.

"They're all out" He added.

I squinted my eye so I had a small glance.

Matt covered Peyton and Hailey with a big purple blanket. Nash turned off the tv.

When Nash picked up a red blanket I spotted Carlos, my stuffed animal cat from when I was really young.

Nash stared at the small black cat then picked it up. Nash turned to where Hayes and I were. I quickly closed my eye.

He threw the blanket ontop of us.
He stuffed Carlos next to me but he had fallen off.

"Get your shit together Carlos" Nash said tucking Carlos next to me again.

I tried really hard not to laugh. My throat stared hurting because I was holding back this untamed laugh.

I heard the small door shut. I opened my eyes again and they were gone.
I tried reading the clock again but it was to dark since the TV was turned off.

I estimated that 5 minutes went by when Matt and Nash came in and another 2 minutes since they left.

Probably around 2:53. I tried falling asleep but I couldn't. I felt Hayes kiss the top my head and I blushed.