Chapter Thirty-Six

Hayes POV

I wasn't going to sleep tonight. I couldn't fall asleep and I didn't want to fall asleep. I got up and wondered around the house.

I wound up in Karly's room. I turned on her desk lamp and sat down in her window seat. I cuddled up against the wall and looked around her room.

I stared at her wall full of pictures. I remember when she first made that wall she was so excited and happy about how it looked, it was a craft she saw on tumblr.

I looked at the pictures bringing back memories.

I stared at the picture of me and her at six flag one of the best days. A picture of us ridding penny boards, it was Karly's first day with hers.

I continued looking around trying to make her absents less emotional. I got up from the window seat and moved on to some where else.

I was finally got tired when I sat down on her bed. I found a little cat stuffed animal next to her pillow and picked it up. On the paw of the cat was a place to put the cats name, written in that spot said "Carlos" in a little kids hand writing.

On the other paw said "I belong to" and had a spot for a name, in that spot was the name "Karla" in same little kid hand writing. Knowing the cat belonged to karly I picked it up and hugged it.

I felt my eyes water up with tears.  I missed Karly so much and she hasn't even been gone for a full day. I balled up on her bed and cried into her stuffed animal cat from when she was little.

I felt a poke in my leg. I lifted the blanket off of my legs and found a bunch of piled up letters and a pen.

I picked up a couple of the crumbled up letters and read it.

'Dear Hayes

I-

'Dear Hayes

Maybe-

'Dear Hayes

I just-

None of the letters were competed they all ended after the first word.
On each letter was wrinkled spots, I could tell they were dried tear drops.

I was really curious to know what she was writing to me and why she cried.

I ended up falling asleep in her bed. It might sound weird but it was the closest thing I had to Karly. All I wanted to do was cuddle her and kiss her head.