Chapter Thirty-Nine

Karly's POV

After sitting in the bathroom for an hour I finally decided to come out hoping Hayes wasn't on the other side anymore.

I would have gone to my room, but I didn't have one, I felt so unwelcome.

I walked down the stairs and sat on the couch next to Cam.

"I'm so glad you're back, you don't even know" he said grinning and showing his white teeth.

"Where am I suppose to sleep tonight? Hayes took my room" I ask trying not to be awkward.

"We are giving you the room that used to have all of our magcon stuff in it, we will paint it and everything"

At least they cared enough to give me a room, But I wanted my room the one Hayes stole. It had the cool window seat, the Balcony, the outside view.

The whole day I sat and watched people paint my new room. I was really mad at Hayes. I tried to block him out but all he wanted to do was try to fix things.

Hayes was at school and I don't start school until Monday so I have Thursday and the whole weekend off.

I looked out my new window to see Nash's car pull into the drive way, which means he picked up Hayes who was probably loving on some girl all day.

I listened as the front door opened and closed, I listened as footsteps ran up the stairs and got closer to my room.

In the doorway stood a sad looking Hayes.

"I broke up with Lacey to be with you" he said huffing and puffing. I didn't know what to think, still be mad, love him again.

I looked down at the ground.

"I did it for you, I did it for us. That's how bad I want to be with you Karly" I felt his pain. I ran up and hugged him. It felt so good to be held by him again.

He grabbed my hand and held it as we hugged. I suddenly slipped, I grabbed Hayes wrist as I fell.

As I grabbed his wrist I felt bumps on them. He tried to jerk his arm away but I grabbed it and pulled his sleeve up.

"Karly stop!" he yelled.

I glanced at the cuts on his wrist. What I saw made me cry, I couldn't believe what he did.

"Hayes wait" I said as he got up and ran to his room and shut the door.

I knocked on his door trying to get inside.

"Go away, I didn't want you to see me like this" he cried.

"Hayes please just let me in" I begged.

I heard the door unlock, I slowly opened the door and walked inside.

Hayes was curled up on his bed.

"The first couple months of you being gone was hard I didn't know what to do, I had no other choice" he cried.

I sat down on his bed, his head was on my lap, I combed threw his hair with my fingers calming him down.

"It's okay Hayes, I still love you" I whispered to him.

"Lacey was the one who saved me, I'm ashamed of it all, she found out in school and she started dating me ever since, after I started dating her I didn't think of that kind of stuff anymore" he explained.

It all made since now.

I didn't really want to be mad at Lacey for taking him, if she didn't he could have kept hurting himself.

"Shh it's okay" I whispered rubbing his back.

Authors Note:

I have nothing against people who self harm. Please don't comment any hate about Hayes, it was my choice to put that in there, I thought it was good for drama, please keep voting!