24| Waiting game.

How I have felt wat parting means! How well I know is still: dark, cruel.

- Rainer Marie Rilke.

Scarlett was anxiously pacing around in front of the drop ship as Raven was inside, being taking care of by her sister. After the reunion and the decision to leave the camp and find a safe place to stay, Raven had crawled from underneath the drop ship only to limp in sight to show that she'd been shot by Murphy. Scarlett had felt the guilt almost instantly as she had assumed that Raven had been fine and untouched, not even considered that she could've been hit.

"You're making me nervous." Octavia commented, wincing as she realized that it had sounded a bit harsh.

Scarlett stopped to look at her, "You should be, because right now everything is looking kind of shit." And she continued her pacing. Octavia rolled her eyes at the blonde, but she was right. With Raven being shot, Scarlett recovering from once another trauma (which she won't admit), Monty missing, the delinquents leaving the camp and the Grounders on their way to wipe them out-- 'everything looking like shit' was a big understatement.

A slight movement from the entrance of the drop ship made Scarlett stop her pacing and look at Bellamy emerge from behind the fabric. He had insisted on Scarlett staying outside, as her throat was still killing her and her being by Raven her side whilst Clarke did her thing would stress them all out. Even though she hadn't been happy with that, she asked if he could go and stay by Raven her side to keep Scarlett updated. "Hey, your sister is done." He said once he reached her side.

"Can I go and see my best friend now?" Scarlett asked, crossing her arms and looking at him hopefully. Bellamy breathed out a chuckle before nodding. She smiled and sped walked past him, pushing the fabric out of the way. "Ray." She breathed out in relief when she saw her best friend laying down on the table, sweat trickling down her forehead.

"Scar, how's your neck?" The question shot out of Raven the moment she saw Scarlett, not even giving her the chance to ask how Raven was doing. The blonde shook her head, a tiny smile appeared. Even when Raven was in the condition she was now, she cared more about the rest then herself.

"I'm fine, don't worry." She muttered, placing herself on the other side of the table besides Bellamy, who had entered shortly after Scarlett. Raven eyed Scarlett for a second, her eyes hanging a little longer on the very visible bruise around her neck.

"I don't understand," Finn spoke up, holding Raven her bloody hand. "How did Murphy get a gun?"

Scarlett and Bellamy looked at each other before he spoke up, "Long story." He clearly wasn't in the mood for anything and Scarlett knew he'd rather sit in a tent alone, but they both knew that there was no time to process Murphy's stunt, Raven being shot and the fact that they'd be fleeing from something inevitable. She knew, because she felt the same.

"We got lucky." Raven croaked out from the table and the group looked at her with questionable expressions. "If Murphy hit the fuel tank instead of me, we'd all be dead."

"Sorry, what? There's rocket fuel right under our feet and we just know it now?" Scarlett her eyes were wide in shock and amazement. It couldn't have been a better time.

"Enough to build a bomb?" Clarke asked, frowning.

Raven nodded, "Enough to build a hundred bombs... If we had enough gunpowder left. Scarlett swore, feeling her anger towards Murphy return in less then a second. She ran her hand through her hair and leaned against the wall.

"Let's get back to the Reapers. Maybe they'll help us. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, right?" The look that Clarke and Finn shared told Scarlett enough, Bellamy's idea wasn't the solution.