11| Panic attack.

The heart is never ready for anything even after all the work that the brain has done in preparation. The heart is always in shock when reality hits, even after a million reminders from the brain.

-Lukas W.

"Wandering aimlessly isn't the way to find your sister." Finn acknowledged, looking around and hoping he would pick up the trail that he had lost. "We should backtrack."

"I'm not going back!" Bellamy yelled, annoyed that they had lost the trail and that it was taking too much time. For all they knew, she was already dead.

"Bellamy is right, Finn. We can't just turn back and-" Scarlett was broken off by one of Bellamy's bad companions that the blonde didn't really like.

"Hey, where's John?" She spoke up. Scarlett her eyes, and everyone else's, darted around but like the girl had said, he wasn't there.

"I just saw him a second ago." Jasper told them with a hint of panic in his voice.

Scarlett shot Bellamy a look, which he responded to with a nod. "We should spread out," she told them, "He couldn't have got that far." Just as she had said that, a loud thump was heard from behind her. "Please, don't tell me that's John." She swallowed. No one answered her but their eyes said enough.  Scarlett turned around and sucked in the air as she indeed faced the motionless body of John.

"They use the trees." Finn announced as he and a few others looked up in to the tree. The others soon followed suit and started to look up, in fear that they would be the next target.

"We shouldn't have crossed the boundary." Someone said.

"Now can we go back?" The girl that Bellamy had slept with added, looking at Finn, Bellamy and Scarlett. 

Jasper suddenly pointed to the side, "There. Right there." Scarlett followed the direction he was pointing at and her eyes widened slightly when she noticed an animal like figure watching them.

"Another one." The delinquent that said that they shouldn't have crossed the boundary pointed out. Soon, more and more appeared, running around a few yards away and then standing still.

Their heads shot from side to side until Finn finally suggested they should run, and they did. They ran as fast as their legs could carry them, but the Grounders followed them and kept up with them with ease. 

"What are we gonna do? They keep heading us off!" Scarlett shouted, jumping over basically everything that could trip her in seconds. 

"Just keep running!" Came the reply. She couldn't make out who said it nor did she care, she just wanted to get out of there alive and well.

Soon came Jasper's cries that he couldn't run much longer and Scarlett knew that it was because of the spear wound. "I'm not stopping for him!" The guy shouted, determined to return back to camp alive. Everyone wanted to, but the situations wasn't looking that bright.

Bellamy had realized to and stopped dead in his tracks, causing Scarlett and Finn to do the same. "I'm sick of running anyway." Bellamy spat.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Finn came running back to his best friend and Bellamy.

"They know where she is." Bellamy answered, putting a hard face on. Scarlett her head shot to the side and noticed that the Grounders were still coming their way. She had no idea what to expect but she knew it was nothing good from what she had seen with Jasper and John.

"Diggs!" The girl shouted in panic and ran away, "Where are you?"

"I'm assuming Diggs is that guy who really wanted to get away..." Scarlett trailed off while looking at the others. "She's gonna get herself killed." She stated soon after, just knowing it was going to happen.