03| Brainless pigs.

People will disappoint you and it's
okay. Not all shooting stars make a
wish come true.

-Unknown.

A loud, female scream from outside caused Scarlett to wake up and rush outside. She scanned her surroundings until her eyes finally fell on Murphy. Anger appeared on her face as she saw him holding down a girl close to the fire, her face barely an inch away. A crowd slowly formed around him and he looked up, "Bellamy. Check it out. We want the Ark to think that the ground is killing us, right? Figure it'll look better if we suffer a little bit first."

Her eyes shot to the supposed leader of the camp but he wasn't doing anything but watching the whole thing, much like the rest. Scarlett angrily walked past the crowd and shoved Murphy off the girl, causing his grip to loosen and for the girl to hurry away. "What the actual fuck is wrong with you?" She growled at him. Behind her, she heard Wells talking to Bellamy but her focus was on the boy in front of her.

He repeated what he said to Bellamy as he stood up and a scowl made its way on her face. "The only one that will suffer here is you if you don't stop this bullshit act right now." She spat, getting closer to his face.

Murphy smirked at the blonde in front of him, "What are you gonna do, sunshine? Kiss and make up?" He scoffed. If Scarlett wasn't pissed already, she for sure was now. That stupid smirk of his faltered a little when she stepped even closer and he started to back away, without any luck. He tripped over a rock and fell on his back, which made a few delinquents laugh. Scarlett would've joined if it wasn't for her anger. She dove on top of him and her fist connected with a sickening crack on his nose.

"I may be a girl, have boobs and a small figure but I'm more man then you'll ever be." She spat in his face an stood up. The crowd cheered as the mechanic walked away but soon went silent again when Murphy pulled her back at her hair. She kept herself on her feet and swiftly turned around, facing a very angry Murphy with a knife in his hand. Her eyes widened for a second, a little shocked that he would actually have the balls to have a fight with a girl but she recovered quickly.

"You're dead." He fumed and swung his knife towards the blonde. She dodged it but he still managed to scrape her arm, though she was too focused to even notice.

Before she could engage, planning on using only her fists, Bellamy stepped between the two. "Wait." His hand went down to his pants and he whipped out a makeshift knife. "Fair fight." Scarlett, who made no move to take it, looked down at the knife and up to Bellamy, who threw the weapon on the floor.

A small smirk appeared on her face and she bent down, pulled off her left combat boot and grabbed something out of it. She was quick to put the shoe back on and showed the object to Bellamy by holding it in between their faces. "Thanks, but I prefer my own."

Bellamy was taken by surprise, and so was the crowd as various people let out a gasp. The knife wasn't made out of scrap metal from the drop ship. It was the knife that locked her up, the knife she murdered someone with. When Bellamy stepped out of the way, still a little shocked, Murphy charged forwards once again. He shot blow by blow but Scarlett dodged them with ease. In a matter of seconds, she had Murphy in front of her with the knife slightly digging into his neck. "Don't challenge me in something you won't win." She whispered in his ear.

"Scar!" Her head shot towards the person who had shouted her name, "Let him go!" The elder Griffin sister yelled.

Scarlett narrowed her eyes. "Gladly!" She yelled back and pushed the douchebag off. Murphy tried to charge at her again but Bellamy stopped him in time. The mechanic looked at her sister and pointed at Murphy, "He was the one who started it, not me."