07| Break down.

How could you think you are weak.
When every time you break, you come back stronger.

-R.M. Drake.

A pained scream echoed through the woods as Scarlett allowed herself to finally break down. Scarlett had been woken up early in the morning with the news that Wells was murdered just outside of the camp. A knife had been jammed at the side of his neck and he was also missing two fingers.

She had never really cared that much about Wells Jaha. Sure, she appreciated that he was always there for her sister just like Finn was for Scarlett but there was just something about him that she didn't like.

But when Clarke woke her up with swollen eyes and a red, stuffy nose with the news that Wells had been killed, she had felt a pang in her chest. Perhaps it was the fact that she had only seen her sister like this when their father was floated but I may very well be that she could never imagine losing Finn like that.

It wasn't the only thing Clarke had to tell her. After Jasper had showed improvement, she had realized something and stormed off. Apparently she went to see Wells, to tell him that she knew Abby Griffin killed their father. That their own mother had told Jaha about Jake's plan. That hit her much closer to home than the Wells' dead.

Scarlett fell on her knees and placed her head against the tree she had previously punched a few times. Her knuckles were bloody and her stomach ached but she did not care. A sobbed racked through her and she felt the air leave her lungs.

"How could she?" Scarlett breathed out softly, tears falling from her cheeks and watering the already damp ground underneath her. "How could she?!" She yelled loudly, drawing the attention of Murphy and Bellamy.

They both shared a look before making a move to go and ask what was wrong, but Bellamy placed a hand on Murphy's chest and told him to let him handle with it.

Bellamy shoved his hands in the pockets of his pants and watched Murphy walk off before going the other way where Scarlett was still kneeled on the ground, crying.

"Scarlett?" He spoke out her name carefully, afraid she would pounce on him and strangle him to death but she didn't move nor answer. So he tried again, " Scarlett?" This time a little harder, yet still gentle.

She sniffed, "Go away." She choked out. He didn't budge, though. Instead he crouched down beside her and sat with his back against the tree.

"I'm not going away." He told her stubbornly. She looked up, eyeing him with a lot of pain and grief visible in her eyes. "You don't have to tell me anything, but I'm not going away."

"Okay," She simply said and moved to sit against the tree like Bellamy. "If I do tell you, will you go away then?" She spoke after a minute of silence. She had visibly calmed down, though her tears still hadn't stopped flowing.

"Maybe, maybe not." He shrugged. Scarlett sighed and was silent again. Just as Bellamy thought that she wasn't going to tell him, she spoke up and told him everything. Here and there she took a little pause to get some oxygen in her lungs but beside that, she rambled on. He listened and not once broke her off.

After she had done her story, she had stopped crying and Bellamy noticed that she had gotten rid of the heavy weight that had been on her shoulders. "It's okay to break down from time to time, you know. It's not a sin and no one will judge, I won't judge nor will Clarke or the rest of your friends." He decided to say. "Thank you for telling me, even though I've been an asshole to you."

"True, but not just to me." She pointed out. He chuckled and nodded in agreement, because it was the truth. "Thank you for listening and telling me that. I didn't know I needed that." She looked at him and offered him a tiny smile before she stood up and dusted herself off.