23| The hanging queen.

We are all survivors, and our details don't need to isolate us-- however, our being and vulnerability and experience can connect us in ways that are magical. That energy is real and palpable, and we can use it for good.

- Joanna C. Valante.

They stood in silence for a while before Murphy and Bellamy started an heathed conversation. Scarlett had opened her mouth a couple of times, but Bellamy had softly squeezed her arm every time she tried to. She understood why he did it, but her patience was really starting to get to her with every word Murphy was throwing out. Instead of being the hot headed blonde, she kept her mouth wisely shut like she was told to whilst balling her fist tightly.

At some point, Scarlett had completely zoned out when a gunshut shook her out of her thoughts. "That's good." Murphy had shot at the ground, the reason was unknown to the blonde but it sure as hell had her attention back to the situation at hand. "Then do what I said."

Scarlett's wide eyes shot between a shaken up Bellamy and a, still, angry Murphy. "Bellamy? Scarlett?" Octavia's concerned voice echoed over the radio. The sound made Murphy smirk and bend to the ground to pick up his radio. "Bellamy, Scarlett, are you okay?"

"You want her to know you're alive? Start tying." Murphy said, pointing at the materials laying on the ground.

Wait, tying? Scarlett questioned inside of her head, but before she even started to think more, the pieces started to fit the puzzle. Her eyes widened once more, a sick feeling arose in her stomach as she realized that Murphy was ordering Bellamy to tie a noose. "You're sick." She spat in disgust, not really knowing what else to do that wouldn't end up killing both of them.

Bellamy kneeled down, starting the task Murphy dearly wanted him to do. "Bellamy, Scarlett, do you copy?"

"We're fine." Scarlett managed to get out calmly, as she watched Murphy and Bellamy carefully. "Just a misfire. Stop worrying about us and get back to work. All of you." She ordered and then looked straight at Murphy as she said the last sentence, "Don't forget to tell Raven to hurry her ass up."

Murphy let go of the button, "All right, that's long enough." Scarlett raised her brow, half amazed that he didn't even suspect a thing. "Tie those two ends together." He cocked his gun at the ground whilst he placed the radio on the ground. Bellamy complied, not daring to go against Murphy as he didn't want Scarlett's life at risk more than it already was.

Once Bellamy had tied the make shift noose, Murphy almost looked sickingly satisfied. "All right, now get up and toss it over." He gestured to the ceiling with his head, gun still aimed at Bellamy.

Bellamy looked up, the look on his face telling Scarlett that he really didn't want to do this and that he had no idea how to slither them out of this situation. He once again did what he was told.

When he was done, he turned to Murphy. "What do you want me to say?" He asked him, "You want me to apologize? I'm--" He made a movement towards him, but Murphy was quick to raise his gun further at him, causing Bellamy to take a step back next to Scarlett. "I'm sorry." And Scarlett knew he meant that more than anything.

Murphy smiled, not having it. "You got it all wrong, Bellamy. I don't want you to say anything. I want you to feel what I felt. And then..." He paused, "Then I want you to die." Bellamy and Scarlett looked at each other, swallowing the fear they both felt creep up their spines.

Scarlett opened her mouth to say something, but he wasn't done talking. "Then I started thinking." Scarlett gave him a confused look, not knowing where he was going with it all.

"What could you possibly be thinking besides killing Bellamy, what could you possibly do to make it worse?" She felt so many emotions, so much disgust and anger that it was impossible to focus on just one thing.