05| Hope and guts.

It's going
to be hard,
but hard is not
impossible.

-Unknown.

Jasper's moaning was getting everyone agitated. Shouts for him to stop were heard over the whole camp, rude things were said about him and everyone was blaming him for the small mistakes they were making. All by all, it was horrible.

Scarlett was seated next to Monty in the corner whilst she watched Jasper's drenched body stir in his sleep, his face concerted in pain. She had woken up about an hour ago and had been watching him ever since. 

She, Monty and Clarke were basically the only ones not complaining and throwing insults at boy, knowing it was never his fault to begin with. Scarlett shifted her body a little as her wounds started to ache a little but she never took her eyes of Jasper, as she was worried that something would happen if she did.

Clarke was shuffling around, cleaning some things and checking Jasper from time to time. She turned to her younger sister and offered her a reassuring smile but her eyes were a little unsure. "Scar, I need to take a look at your wounds." She spoke up, taking a few steps and crouching in front of her.

The younger blonde nodded and laid down on a piece of fabric she had been laid on when her wounds had been taken care of. She winced a little when she felt the cold of the floor through it on her back.

"Is Jasper going to be okay?" She croaked out, her throat a little dry from not talking.

Clarke's fingers swiftly removed the remaining of Scarlett her shirt that had been the replacement for real bandages. "I don't know but I'm not giving up on him." She answered her.

Scarlett accepted the words and she squirmed a little when Clarke's cold fingers touched her skin. She didn't complain, though. "Me neither." She eventually said.

Clarke looked up and smiled a little at her sister, who was looking up at the ceiling. She shook her head and started to inspect and clean the stitched up wounds. Once she was done, she refreshed the bandage and cleaned up the old one.

"No infections so far, which is a good sign. I'd say you can carefully start walking again. As long as you don't rip the stitches and keep cleaning it, you'll be healed in no time." She advised Scarlett, who nodded and slowly stood up.

"Thanks, sis. Give me a yell when help is needed up here, I'm gonna see if Mr. Blake need any." Clarke gave her a thumbs up and started to buzz around Jasper again, who didn't look any better yet. Scarlett gave him one last glance before slowly climbing down the ladder, ignoring the aches in her stomach.

The yelling of the delinquents hadn't ceased, either. They were all looking a little ticked off and were now telling Scarlett to get him to shut up. She ignored them all and stepped outside, glad she could catch some fresh are now.

"Scar!" Finn's voice came from behind but she didn't turn around, knowing that he'd catch up with her as she was walking slowly. "Are you feeling better? You are looking a little rough, tired."

She turned to look at him with a raised eyebrow, "It's not everyday activity of mine to get attacked by a black panther, Finn. Of course I look rough and tired. It's nearly impossible to sleep with the pain and Jasper wasn't really helping either." 

"So you're okay?" He pressed on, shoving his hands in his pockets as he kept following her to wherever she was going.

Scarlett nodded, "Perfectly fine, I just need some sleep." 

Finn nodded and finally paid attention to where they were going. He furrowed as he saw it was Bellamy's tent, the biggest one. "Wait, why are you going to him?"