Chapter 9

The bedroom at times like that felt far too small, its walls looked like if they were closing after her in every breath she took. She wanted to scream her lungs out, to escape the world she lived in, but right now, as she was sitting in the bed, the sun over a clear sky. She could see the window and the sky from where she was, only hugging her knees. Earlier that day, she had ushered her servant out claiming she felt ill, she trusted her handmaid would have told Emrys about it already. Or anyone, for that matter, rumors spread fast on the castle.

She knew the sorcerer would see her the next day at breakfast, fume for a while that she had come up with the occurrence to get sick exactly on the day they were both allowed to go out. Uther was difficult on that matter, he didn't want people to know that one of Igraine's daughter was still roaming the palace "freely", and the awareness that he had many enemies (justifiably so, Morgana often thought) made him afraid someone would try to kill him the moment Emrys wasn't around.

Morgana felt selfish, now she had shifted, curled up under the mattress. Her mouth was dry, the vase where there used to be water laid broken in multiple pieces over the ground, the small puddle over the stone floor had nearly dried. The incident made her terrified of touching anything in her bedroom that wasn't the bed. Emrys would probably be disappointed about the incident, and Uther would yet again insist to him that Gorlois' daughter wasn't someone ought to be trusted.

There was a knock on her wooden door, Morgana perked her head up from underneath the sheets, it wasn't like people had a habit of knocking on her door. She had already made a point to Winifred that she could come in and out as she saw fit and in the rare occasions where Uther had the kindness of paying her a visit, he just barged inside, her sister and Emrys were the only other two people who paid her a visit, but Emrys' visits to her bedroom were far and in between only to drop her at the entrance and it had been well over a year since she had last seen her sister.

"Who is it?" She questioned, raising her voice.

"It's... me" There was a pause "Emrys, Emrys Myrddin" She easily recognized her friend's voice, but a part of her smiled softly at the need he felt to identify himself beyond. "Miss Winifred told me you were sick, I was checking in if I could see what affection you were suffering. Perhaps there might be something I can do"

Morgana's eyes shot wide open, her perfect plan of staying in her room for the rest of her life skimmed over the fact that any illness she might be suffering could effortlessly be healed by the young man.

"Nothing you can do" She spat back at him, her voice nearly trembling alongside the table by the side of the bed, making a few of the crystals still in there fall to the ground, her eyes opened wide and her heart skipped a heartbeat as she jumped out of the bed, the sheet above her was now floating nearly a palm above the feather mattress. "No no no no no" She mumbled trying to push the soft fabric down to no avail.

"Are you sure?" His voice came once again, her breath became faster "I'm pretty sure there must be something I can do. If you find yourself indispose, I could always come back later."

"Go away" She said, raising the voice slightly, this time is was the crystals of the window that trembled.

"Lady Morgana..."

"I said go away!" She raised her voice at the top of her lungs.

The chandelier balanced on its hold, the curtain hooks fell, letting the stick that held the curtain up fall alongside the fabric, the table turned over, the crystal had also trembled and although a crack could be seen across it, there were no mayor signs of rupture, except for the door that was now barely hanging Emrys behind it, both his hands up holding it from falling above him. Morgana trembled and took a step back.