Chapter 19

Morgana stood in front of the castle's doors. It had been four years since the last time she had been stepped in Camelot, she didn't miss the place, but still carried a sense of familiarity to it she couldn't completely wash away. Two armored knights stood at each side of it the main entrance, and she couldn't help the smile that rose to her face. It wasn't her home by any means, but the idea that Uther was no longer in there was something she had been hoping for many years. It made the place a little more bearable to be around.

"Good afternoon." She smiled to the knights making a polite bow once she was in front of each of them, both men returned the gesture with a single movement of the head. Their eyes never away from her as she stepped closer to them. "I'm here to see Arthur Pendragon" Morgana put both hands in her waist, looking at the knights up and down, waiting for them to react.

Uther's knights would have probably attacked her already.

"Who's looking for him?" a knight questioned lifting the front of his helmet, he had a scar in his cheek and was lifting a dark eyebrow at her.

A smile lit up in Morgana's features, as she pointed at herself, "I am, can't you see?"

The knights turned their heads to each other, the one with the scar had his eyebrows so knit together it almost seemed like he only had one.

"Who are you?" the other questioned.

Morgana sighed, rolling her eyes. Getting them out of her way would be easy, just a movement of her hand and she could walk through the castle's doors as if it had been wide open just for her. However, no matter how tempting the idea, she didn't want to have to explain why she had forced her way inside, "I'm his sister, and I'm here to see my brother"

"I don't see the resemblance." The knight with the scar leant to look at Morgana closer, whose eyes opened wide as she took a step back putting a hand over her chest. One knight struggled to stifle a laugh.

"How dare you? Can't you see we're identical?" Morganas feigned offence.

"Lady we're not here for jokes, why are you truly here?" The knight's eyebrow twitched. He put his hand in the handle of his sword. Morgana sighed, dropping her arms at each side of her body.

"I told you" she said, "to see Arthur Pendragon".

She understood their questioning. She couldn't help but wonder if that relentless questioning had actually helped them to get anyone who had nefarious intentions to reveal themselves to them. Morgana knew, at least, that if she had the intent to kill Arthur she wouldn't have bothered to check the front door.

"I'll accompany on your way," the knight with the scar sentenced, opening the door.

Morgana made a quick movement with her hand walking past the knights whose eyes remained on her, "Fine, if that makes you feel safer" her voice came in a singing tune before the knights closed the doors behind her and the knight with the scar.

Morgana tried to start a friendly conversation with the knight, she wanted to know about what had happened to Uther, what had Arthur's coronation been like. To know everything Morgause had refused to tell her. All her attempts were futile, and he barely seemed to have any desire to answer any of her questions or to be anywhere near her.

Their path came to a halt once they stepped in front of a closed door. One that Morgana was all too familiar with. She felt the air hitch in her throat at the sight of it, the bare traces of ghosts drawn in wood, yet, it was much less intimidating than what she remembered.