Chapter 8

She paced on the room, her feet stomping on the floor making it look like if the dress was struggling to catch up with her pace. Morgause rolled her eyes, sighing, looking at the room around her, it wasn't as nice as the room she shared with her husband, but it was a significant improvement to the treatment they had to endure as children.

Her steps came to a halt and stopped in front of her sister "I just don't understand it Morgause" She finally gathered to say "How could you do something as wretched as that? He is your brother. Our younger brother"

Morgause let out a bitter laugh, her brown eyes glistening.

"Don't be like that Ana" She laughed "It was only a misstep; everyone has that every once in a while. I thought you would be understanding, aren't you filled with rage too? Don't you hate Uther?"

Morgana's mouth opened for a second, and then was closed again, words struggled to come out and she took a step back when Morgause raised from her chair.

"Uther is long gone Morgause, and any possibility of revenge died with him. Arthur has never done anything wrong, how could you do this, he just got married not too long ago"

"Oh, relax, he wasn't married when we did it, and as far as he is concerned, he spent the time with that lovely princess of his. Such a sweetheart, isn't she? So understanding. Don't you think so?"

Morgana turned her eyes to the ground and cleared her throat before her hands wondered to the side of her skirt pinching and letting go over and over again. Morgause smiled at this.

"Arthur has done no wrong" Morgause mocked "You know his very birth is why our father died, why our mother condemned her last days to an unhappy marriage and why you and me both were pulled apart and ended who knows where. I had a dream, this child will be the very reason of his downfall and I hope he is, I hope when Arthur dies, regrets he was even born." Moraguse condemned "And you will have to choose a side Morgana, and it scares me to think you already did"

"What if I did?" Morgana spat back, eyes shooting venom to the sister she thought she would feel nothing but happiness when she saw her "It doesn't change the fact that you did the very thing Uther did. You pretended to be someone else, you deceived someone and made them think you were someone precious to them to fulfill some heinous purpose. How does that make you any better than him?"

She felt a sting in her cheek, and Morgana lifted her hand to her face, feeling the warmth of the impact. Morgause was looking at her, her face stern and not a trace of regret in her eyes. Morgana knew that just like her if Morgause had wanted her she would be nothing but mere dust.

"If you compare me to that monster again I will make sure you are gone so fast that wizard friend of yours won't even know who you are" Morgana froze, swallowing hard.

"I hope you have a healthy child and that you don't get to regret what you've done" Morgana stood straight. Morgause felt a chill on her back, but turned away onn her sister, walking away from the bedroom.

There was something newfound about fencing that made it more relaxing now, maybe it was the fact that a swing of the sword didn't put her life in danger, or perhaps that during those few minutes she went against someone, she didn't have the reminder that there was some destiny to fulfill behind her; nevertheless, she found delight in the people she had known since she was a child.

"The fun is ruined, everyone. Valerie has arrived" Michael spat, removing his helmet his red hair looking closer to copper due to the light on the place.

"I'll tell you to go fuck yourself, but I'm afraid not even you have such low standards". Valerie rolled her eyes.

"Pendleton, put your helmet on and go against Bailey!" The coach lifted his eyes from the child he was teaching to the pair of teens. Valerie groaned, putting her helmet on grabbing a sabre and nearly dragging her feet until she was in front of Michael.