Day 13

Trigger Warning: 🚫

"Virgil? Rise and shine, kiddo!" Came a voice right next to my ear. I parted my eyes, being greeted by my pillow. As my mind grew less and less disoriented, I realized I was sleeping with my face nestled snugly into my pillow. I gave out a ghost of a moan, turning over to face my wall. trying to get some more sleep. "Virgil, come on, kiddo. I know you're awake!" Wait...kiddo? Only Patton calls me kiddo.

I rolled back over, facing the rest of the room. In front of me, stood Patton giving my a shy smile. He was fully dressed, his glasses on, and his hair was neatly done. His smile widened when he saw I was finally awake. "Pat'n?" I groggily groaned. He eagerly nodded his head. I sat up, rubbing sleep from my eyes. "What's g-going on?" I questioned.

Patton shushed me, putting his finger to my lips. Instead, he tossed a clean uniform into my lap. I glanced over at our small alarm clock, reading 1:17 am. I saw Damion was deeply asleep as I once was. I envied him at the moment. I was still confused, but Patton pulled me out of bed by my hands.

My clean uniform softly hit the floor, quickly, I picked it back up. Patton ushered me to the bathroom, as if I forgot where it was. I shut the door, changing into my new uniform. I checked my appearance again in the mirror, seeing my makeup was still left on from yesterday, so I didn't have to apply anymore.

Exiting the bathroom, Patton grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the room. I dropped my other clothes in shock, Patton not letting me go back to pick them up. In the hallway, Logan was leaned up against the opposite wall while Roman and Remus were holding bags of something I couldn't see.

Patton quietly shut my door, making everyone look up at us. "Got him!" Patton snickered, wrapping an arm around me. I pulled away from him, turning around to meet his eyes.

"Okay, now t-talk. Wh-What is going on a-and why are we al-all awake at one i-in the mo-morning?!" I frantically questioned, bumping into Logan.

"You didn't tell him?!" Roman whisper yelled, shooting a deadly gaze at Patton. The freckled faced boy sheepishly shrugged, a cute smile melted into his face.

"Patton, this is like kidnapping if you don't tell him what we're doing!" Logan said. "Apologizes if Patton scared you, Virgil." Logan added on. I just blankly nodded, evident confusion coating my features.

"It-It's fine just...wha-what is actually go-going on?"

"Today is Damion's birthday." Roman finally spit out. My eyes widened. Today was his birthday? And I didn't know. My stature shrunk, my eyes cast downward. Remus and Logan exchanged a look.

"What's wrong, Virgil?" Remus puzzled.

"Some b-boyfriend I am if I don't ev-even know something so simple a-a-about him." I muttered, kicking the ground below me. Patton placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Oh kiddo. We weren't trying to make you feel bad. We just wanted you to be apart of decorating The Healing Room." Patton explained.

"Speak of, Dr. Picani won't hold the door open much longer if we stay here a talk." Logan mentioned, directing his eyes to the corner that lead to the room.

"Logan's right. Let's get on with this celebration of death already!" Remus chuckled, running down the hall. We all followed behind, eventually catching up to him. At The Healing Room's door was Dr. Picani, patiently waiting for us. He smiled at each of us as we entered the room. He shut the door behind us, leaving us all to decorate.

The Prince's unloaded the four filled bags onto the floor. Out fell yellow and black steamers, packs of balloons, a banner, hats, and so much more. I got down to investigate it all. I smiled, liking everything I saw. I gave Patton a smile, "He'll l-love all of th-this."