In another world

This is the end I'm afraid! I hope you have all enjoyed reading. Any comments are welcomed 🥰

Elodie pov
He kept his eyes on me the whole time, but I kept mine on Megan. Dani moves slowly and cautiously around to the side and got the taser out ready. Megan wouldn't look at me very much, it hurt immensely that I couldn't comfort her. The room was as dark as him, we just needed some leverage to change the positioning of how this would play out. Inevitably someone was bound to get hurt or caught in a cross fire. Dani pulled the taser out and managed to get him before he realised, the gun went off with a loud sounding boom and I ducked down for cover. Crawling towards Megan as he writhed on the floor next to us. I quickly undid both of their ropes and grabbed Megan's hand. It all happened so quickly. 'Quick follow me' I shouted in panic. 'Omg dani's brother is hurt, go and get him' Megan said whilst crying. He had been hit in the shoulder which was a miracle really, it could have been a whole lot worse. I told Dani to put her arm around his waist  to keep him upright whilst I sorted the devil himself out. He was coming back around and would easily be on the trail if I didn't sort him out. Pressing my foot down on his back, I pulled his arms behind himself and used the rope that was on Megan to tie him up. As I got up he tried to wriggle and move so I kicked him in the stomach hoping he would just comply. I knew that the police needed to be called so they could take him away but I wasn't going to hang about. Running after the others we carefully ran through our planned route out of the building and to safety. Corridor after corridor it seemed like we were lost. 'Dani, you know the route, which way is it?'. Dani looked puzzled herself, 'they must have been old blue prints' all of our faces dropped, just when we thought this nightmare was over. Jessica called for us 'guys over here, I found some stairs'. It was too late though, there were too many of them.

Megan pov
I can't believe Elodie came for me and helped us both escape. After everything that has happened, i don't deserve her at all. We were lost in this house and the blue prints were wrong, it seemed things were going south very quickly. Jessica had disappeared and came back guiding us to a stair well, just as she called us over she was help by a man with a gun to her head. Greg appeared untied and on the hunt for revenge. He stepped forward with a gun. 'That's it, today is your last day on this Earth Elodie, you are finished' she looked scared and I was even more frightened of losing her, but they had my sister. I could only help that the call to the police had been heard and they were surrounding the building. Highly unlikely though, Elodie was right in the path of the gun, I knew this time there would be no stopping him. 'Say goodbye Megan, you won't be seeing her again' we both looked at each other in despair. 'In another world' I whispered, with tears in my eyes. Elodie lovingly smiled at me and said 'I'll find you'. As he pulled the trigger I jumped in front of her taking it, that didn't stop him as he shot her straight after I fell to the floor. The life drained out of us both.

1 week later

I woke. In a strange room. Elodie wasn't here and she didn't seem to exist, only in my head. But I loved her so deeply and never got the chance to tell her, oh what I would give for that chance. This was very confusing as it felt very real and intense, the emotions, the touches. I looked around the plain walled room. Getting up I took a closer look at everything, I was in the hospital, uh oh.

I saw our life together, I needed her she was my air and rock. Looking out the window was the town I had become so familiar with. I wasn't sure about it but it made sense. I heard the door and panicked. "Hey Megan". It was Jessica, act normal. "Hi" I murmured". She eyed me. "What's wrong?". "Umm this is going to sound weird but do you know anyone called Elodie?". Something flashed in her eyes but I wasn't sure what. "Elodie, pretty name but I'm not sure why?". I could tell when she was lying and she was hiding something. "Please just tell me" I begged. She stayed quiet and then burst out laughing.
'What's so funny? I asked her. Just before she could say anything someone walked in. I jutted my head round so fast I almost fainted. Those eyes. Elodie. She was here. How I had longed for her, even whilst I was unconscious. How I needed her.

Blue eyes looked around before piercing into mine. They didn't quite seem so cold anymore. "Elodie" I all but whispered, almost dropping to my knees as I tried to reach her. Her blonde hair was glistening in the sun through the window and her eyes sparkling like never before. Her smell encompassed
all of my being, I couldn't get enough. astonishing as ever. Elodie was real. Real. Jessica awkwardly walked out of the room telling us she would give us some space. Once she left, I needed to say what I wasn't able to before. "I love you Elodie" I couldn't waste anymore time she had to know, I may never have had this opportunity again. "I love you too Megan". Elodie moved closer placing her hands around my waist, her touch melted me completely. She lent in and we kissed. It was euphoric as our lips met, neither fighting for dominance but we were as one. Our lips parted letting each other roam. "I thought you wasn't real, I..i thought I was never going to see you again" I paused. I kissed her again, it was like two parallels met. "I've been searching for you my whole life and I'm never letting you go" gosh I was cheesy but this moment was euphoric. "I know and I've been waiting for you everyday". Elodie struggled to finish the sentence and she held her tears back. She held her hand out for me. "give me your hand, I want to take you home".
She pecked my cheek before I took a hold of her hand. "Home, I like the sound of that, but I want to stay in your bed". Elodie giggled and I joined her. It was just like the dream but now I had her forever. All that mattered to me was that she was real. Real.