Brutality

I knew once I had walked out of that door and uttered those words I would not be coming back. We would essentially disappear into the abyss, I looked at my sister wondering what was to lie on the road ahead, metaphorically and quite literally. We were in his car, his run down, rusty, rotten odor of a dirty prostitute of a car. I could not comprehend what had happened and how we had come so far only to be flung back into the past. I could take any punishment given but not bear to watch my sister be induced to that. Then I thought to Elodie, the girl who had such a barrier up but still had seemingly let me into her world, she was a blessing in disguise and someone I did not even know that I needed. But that doesn't matter anymore, I had to let it go. There was never any future in it, I always knew he would find us.

Greg had a smirk written on his face, pleased with himself at the power he exerted over onto the likes of Mr and Mrs.Summerton. The dominance he was involved with grew each and every time he manipulated or gained control over a situation, it was terrifying. He drove for so long I was not even sure where we were anymore, all I knew was that there was no going back. Somehow Jessica had fallen asleep, there had been no conversation as of yet and I was not planning on opening my mouth. Eventually, we arrived in a quiet town, one that I had not been to before, it looked peaceful enough but knowing my past sometimes that was the worst. Looks can be deceiving and I am not immune to this disease. We pulled up to a small, how should I say it? Shack. I can't expect anything less from Greg, he is scum and lives like one too. It looked like it was about to blow over any second, it had nothing on the what seemed to be a mansion I was just living in. I nudged Jess quietly. "wake up, we are here". She looked over at me, terror in her eyes as we awaited what would happen. "Get out now". Greg's tone of voice was not very pleasant. He ushered us into the house before slamming the door. I'm surprised it didn't come off of its hinges. "Put your stuff down and get to cleaning, you know the rules", tears were threatening to spill over already. I remembered my education and school, missing it all. Most importantly, the girl who I shall not name. Jess and I kept looking at each other reassuringly, we were in this together and always had been.

I had lost track of time but it was well into the night, where Greg had us cleaning the bedrooms. I heard loud footsteps trudging their way up the stairs, it could only have been one person. The door flung open. Trevor was drunk and angry, we could tell immediately. "Now which one of you cleaned the kitchen, I have just almost slipped on the wet floor which was supposed to be dried", he raised his voice. We both stayed quiet, this wasn't a new situation, but it wasn't one we wanted to be in right now. Greg stormed over, Jessica cowered behind me. He grabbed my hair knocking me to the floor. "You better tell me now, or both of you will live to regret it". His face grew with anger. It was silent for a moment until he leaned forward for Jessica. "I did it, not her, it was me, I'm sorry". I cried. Jessica may have done it but she wasn't about to get the blame for it from this sadistic asshole.

"Get out Jessica, you don't want to see this". Jess looked at me, knowing full well what was coming but I had always told her that she must leave and not come back. She knew the deal. I nodded at her, silently telling her to leave, giving a small smile. Jess proceeded to make her way out of the room. "shut the door on the way out bitch". Trevor slurred his words. I had to shut myself down for this and remain placid but I'm not sure that I could this time. Everything has changed. "You dumb, worthless slut couldn't even clean properly and I haven't even heard the word sorry yet, well too bad you are about to repay for everything". I knew what he meant by that immediately, it was for running away and making our escape. I cowered with my head down, wanting to move into the corner but that would only make it worse. He grabbed me by the hair and dragged me to the other side of the room. The pain was excruciating. "it hurts" I cried. I should have known better to than to say that. My pain satisfies him. "Good, it's going to hurt a whole lot worse". He kicked me in the stomach and it didn't stop. Blow after blow. I cried and screamed. I thought I felt a rib break, I was a mess and he carried on without a care. "JUST FINISH ME OFF", I had enough, it was better to not be living to endure this. I lay almost lifeless on the floor, he knew that he could beat me anywhere because we would never be able to leave the house to go anywhere, therefore no one would ever see us. "Now that would be quite boring wouldn't it slut and I'm only just beginning my fun". He lifted me up off the floor and on to my feet but just as quickly as he had done that he punched me in the face. My immediately held my hands to my face, blood was seeping out and I almost felt numb to the pain if it wasn't for him kicking me in the back. I started to lose consciousness drifting in and out. The two things that kept me going was keeping my sister safe and picturing Elodie's sweet beautiful face. I blacked out again...