Outta town girl

Sorry for the delay I had exams, deadlines and I also went on holiday!

Elodie pov

I didn't sleep all night and for the next few days not knowing where Megan was, it killed me. It felt like my heart had been ripped out of my chest and the most excruciating pain followed. It was like nothing I had ever known on this level. Deep down I knew she did not mean what she had said, she couldn't, there was a connection there like no other. Protecting me from looking for her was never going to happen, I would never stop, regardless of if she meant those things or not. My mum had hired a private investigator but we had no luck as of yet, it was like they had drifted off the face of the earth. There was a knock at my door. "Hey honey, I need you to come to the living room the police are here, we have some news'. My head shot up, my face was stained with tears. I followed my mum hopelessly down the wide gaping staircase to be greeted by two officers and the private investigator. "If you don't mind my daughter is going to sit in on this". My mum said. "No problem" they all agreed together, because whether they like it or not I am not leaving. One of the officers was a female, she had a short dirty blonde bob with a light tan. The other was a male, just as you would expect a police officer to be. However, the private investigator looks elusive in a navy-colored suit and seemed to me that he was a drifter always flying under the radar. "So let's get started, you say there were police officers who came and took Megan and Jessica away, is that correct? if so which state did they say they were from?". The woman asked, she seemed more motherly than the other two and could empathize with us.

Anthony did all of the talking, he was the one holding it all together. "The police officers said they were from this state". He was thinking very carefully as I knew my dad to be a smart man. "Okay well we haven't sanctioned anything of the kind, the legal documents placed them into your care, which means we are going to have to sanction this a kidnapping, we cannot locate Greg or the girls at this moment in time, but we are doing our best". The lady police officer gave us as much reassurance as possible, however, that wasn't enough. I couldn't hold my tongue any longer. "So you mean to tell me, that two fake police officers came in here with fake papers and kidnapped Megan and Jessica? You do realize he is abusive and has probably hurt her by now? This is a joke, how is this man even walking the streets??!!" I raised my voice, I couldn't it anymore. My mum put her hand on my arm and rubbed it soothingly. "Look dear they are trying their best, we will find them and bring them back safely". Tears were threatening to spill and I don't let anyone see me cry. "I'm not waiting around for them to find her dead, I'll look for her myself". I barely voiced, before I ran out of the room to my bedroom. They called after me but I ignored it, as usual, doing what I wanted to anyways.

As soon as I was in my room, I grabbed my backpack and started packing it up with a plan in the back of my mind. My mum stormed in my room at that moment just as I had finished. "What do you think you are doing?". She looked at me in despair but they had to realize how much they both meant to me, I wasn't going to sit around and just do nothing, he had probably beaten her by now. My heart ached for hers. "I'm leaving seeing as the police can't do the jobs themselves" I snarled back like a wolf who had just lost her mate. "And where will you go? they probably aren't even in the city right now, left the state no doubt". She looked at me worryingly. "then out of town is where I will go, don't try to stop me I have already made my mind up, see you soon". I brushed past my mum walking out of the door before she called me. "Elodie". I stopped in my tracks for a second and turned around. "Please take care of yourself" She pleaded with me, we locked eyes for a few seconds before I nodded my head and proceeded to leave not knowing where I was heading. I just knew it wasn't here.

Leaving the estate in my car was easy, I drove towards the city, knowing I would have to go to the rough areas of town to find out who was associated with Greg. I had a couple of pictures even one of him to ask people. Luckily, not being into flash cars, I had a pretty okay car to drive to these ends in. I was agitated and ready for a fight, especially with Greg. I pulled up along the road and walked to the famous block of flats that towered above the rest of the houses, it was a drug haven and my best bet at finding them. Curiosity had me wondering whether the private investigator had made it here already, but my doubt clouded me, they have informants. I walked around for a while asking nameless people if they had anywhere about of these people or if they knew who Greg was. Luck wasn't on my side at this moment in time, it had been a fair couple of hours and it was taking its toll on me. After circling the building once more, I saw a fairly young guy getting out of the car and something told me to approach him...

Megan pov

My eyes were barely opening, I thought I was floating on a cloud, that cloud was my consciousness and in and out I fell...