Chapter 15 - Baby Shower

Shakira is six months into her pregnancy and the baby shower is tonight.

"These tiny clothes bring me so much joy," Mariana jokes from across the boutique.

"Are you okay?" I let out a chuckle.

"Never better," she smiles.

"Do you two need help?" An employee asked as she came towards me.

"We're good," I told her. "Thank you."

"Call me over if you need me," she smiled at us both.

Mariana made her way towards me after the lady left the area as she ran her hand through all the baby clothes in her path.

"Find anything?" She asks.

I pull out a little green outfit from the rack I was going through and she smiles.

"Perfect."

After we pay for our gift and have it wrapped neatly, we make our way to a pharmacy and look for a nice card then we go out for ice cream and decide to walk home in the nice weather.

"So," she starts."I've been thinking. I want to move back to Madrid."

"Really?" I ask before taking another spoonful of ice cream from my cup.

"Yep. I've been trying to convince Camila to tag along, if not I'll just rent a tiny room till I find a job and move up the ladder."

"Why Madrid? Why not here?"

"I want to get away from Barcelona..."

"From me?"

"Well, this isn't happening anytime soon," Mari starts. "It's just an idea anyway. Another country even sounds appealing."

The two of us get back to Gerard and Shakira's early to help decorate.

"Mari!" Gerard shouts a bit too loud by my ear. "Come help with the sign!"

Mariana helped with keeping the sign straight as Gerard and I put up the "Baby Shower" sign. As Mariana began to set up the gift table and put snacks at another, I spent my time talking to Shakira about Mariana and I and most of the time she just kept on chuckling at the things I told her about Mariana and added "typical," to the end of my sentence.

"Did she mention Madrid to you?" I ask Shak.

"Madrid?" She asked. "I was told Amsterdam."

"Amsterdam? Wow," I spoke. "She said maybe even another country."

"She told me maybe even another continent."

"Well," I began. "At least it's not anytime soon."

"You really like her don't you?" Shak turned to face me. "I'm glad."

It's fair to say that I've grown closer to Shakira and I kind of appreciate it as I begin to play with Milan whilst Gerard and Mari are on their phones and I'm the only one left.

The place was packed, full of loved ones as Shakira rushed them in, getting a hug and kiss from every single one of them.

Leo came up from behind me and greeted me, interrupting me from my thoughts.

"Neymar," he smiled. "How's it going with Mari?"

"Mari," I smiled. "Difficult girl."

We spoke for some time and I played with Thiago for a bit as Antonella and Leo went to greet the rest of the guests and get some snacks and drinks for themselves and Thiago.

"Sergi!" I called him over as soon as I spotted him.

"Hey," he tried smiling and greeted me. "What's up?"

"Why are you so down?" I asked.

"Coral-"

"Did you two break up?" I interrupted immediately, fearing she found out about Mariana.

"Yep," he grimaced.

"Did she-"

"Nope," Sergi said and stuck his hands in his pockets. "She, um, was cheating on me with her ex for over six months now..."

I let out a laugh then shut my lips tight.

"The irony," I said. "I'm sorry."

"I'll get over it," he said before taking a sip of his drink and walking off towards where some of the guys from the team were gathered.

"I'll take him off your hands now," Antonella came over and smiled at me.

"See you, Thiago," I smiled and left a kiss on his cheek before giving Leo a nod and making my way towards Mari.

She was helping out with the gifts and I came around with our gift and passed it to her with the envelope tucked in neatly under the ribbon that secured the box from opening.

"Meet you upstairs in ten minutes?" I asked.

"Make it half an hour," she spoke. "I want to socialize a bit."

I smiled and nodded, I just wanted some time alone with this girl, it's literally all I want everyday.

"Camila," I smiled as I ran into her in the kitchen.

"Neymar," she smiled back. "How are you?"

"I'm good, thanks for asking. How about you?"

"Great. Did you help with the party?"

"Could you actually tell? Were the decorations that bad?" I got a laugh from her. "So, how's Madrid sounding to you?"

"Madrid?" Camila asks.

"Mari mentioned she was looking into moving to Madrid and she was asking you to tag along," I explained.

"Oh," Camila says. "Must've slipped my mind."

"You're a terrible liar," I laughed at her. "She never mentioned it to you?"

"Thanks," she smiled. "And no, never, but I'll save her this one time, for no apparent reason."

"Probably meant someone else," I said. "I'll see you around."

I went looking throughout the whole first floor for Mari and she was nowhere near the last place I saw her at. It was too early to meet her upstairs, but she must've been in her room anyway so I decided to go look for her on the second floor.

The guests began cheering something downstairs as I arrived upstairs and I went straight to Mariana's room. I knocked and received no answer so I stuck my head in slowly and found no one.

I walk down the hall a bit more until I hear a noise coming from one of the rooms at the end of the hall.

I mistakenly forget to knock and that's when I saw them.

Gerard thrusting into Mariana, the two of them not aware of my presence.