Chapter 2 - Bar and Grill

It was almost midnight and Dani and I have been at this restaurant for over an hour.

The air smelled of ribs and bacon with some strong ale. I looked around the restaurant and spotted a table full of girls who all happened to be staring our way. Dani waved at them when he caught what I was staring at and I shook my head and was forced to wave back. We finish up our meals and I take in the now empty plate that was sat in front of me on the table. I lean back into the red leather booth after putting the napkin that was on my lap to the side and look at Dani then to my phone.

We each got a text from Gerard early to go hang out with him but we each declined since we were already eating. Just as we were about to head out I hear Gerard's laugh from the other side of the room. I hesitate to look back around the restaurant; I wonder why I didn't spot them before.

I look over to the other side of the restaurant and spot about six people in a booth. Gerard, Shakira, another couple, a guy, and then the mystery girl from a couple of days back.

"What's up?" Dani asks as he stands up and I stay seated.

"Gerard's over there," I point.

"Thank you, gentlemen," the waitress comes around and smiles as she takes the paid bill in her hand and keeps her eyes on my for far too long.

"She's been flirting with you all night," Dani makes a clear statement then winks. "Anyway, let's go say hi."

"Hold up," I spoke. "I have to go to the bathroom," I lied.

I headed towards the back of the restaurant and made my way to the mirror. The only thing running through my mind is what I'm going to say to this girl when I finally get introduced to her. She was sat next to Gerard and the other guy as though they brought him along as a blind date for the girl.

Why do I care so much? I have no idea.

All I know is this girl was gorgeous and intimated me far too much than any girl has done before.

I get out of the restroom and head back to find Dani waiting at the booth we spent the night in, sat using his phone.

"You didn't go over?" I ask.

Dani just shook his head no and I heard a voice call us both.

"Dani! Neymar!" Shakira spoke. "Funny running into you two."

She flashed us that smile of hers as she stood next to me.

"You beat us to it," Dani smiled. "We were just heading to go say hi to you guys."

"Oh, well don't be shy," she spoke. "Come on over, stay for dinner."

"We just had dinner," I clarified.

"Oh," she stated. "Well come on, I want you to meet some people," she said as she linked her arm around mine and gestured for Dani to follow.

As we all arrived at the table I looked at the three strangers sitting down and Piqué. The mystery girl was gone.

"Hey!" Gerard shouted as he laid eyes on us. "You guys changed your minds?"

"We just had dinner here before you guys arrived," Dani spoke.

"What a shame," Gerard smiled.

"That's what I said," Shakira said before she sat down next to Gerard.

"You guys," Gerard gestured at Dani and me. "These are some friends of Shak's, from Colombia. Mauro, Camila, and Elias."

"Nice to meet you guys," Dani and I both spoke and shook some hands.

"Honor to meet you two," Elias spoke.

"Well," Mauro started. "My girlfriend, Camila here, is obsessed with you, Neymar."

"Is that so?" I smiled politely.

"Oh, and there's another girl-" Shakira began and looked towards the restrooms to try to get a glimpse of the mystery girl.

"Yeah, but she's staying long so you guys will meet her soon," Gerard interrupted and Shakira nodded.

"Well," Dani rubbed the palms of his hands together. "We should get going, it was nice to meet all of you."

"Nice to meet you all," I added and said my goodbyes.

Dani and I walked out to the parking lot out front and got in his car.

"Nice guys," Dani chuckled as the ignition roared. "That guy's girlfriend was eyeing you."

"Friends of Shak's," I pointed out. "Gerard never mentioned that. I mean usually he would tell us."

"Yeah, I mean he always mentions it. Probably just got in today and was going to tell us soon."

We were on the road and the sky was almost pure black; about three stars in the sky that prevented its color to pool. Dani drove me back home fairly quickly and I went straight up to my room after I locked the door, checking three times that it was all secure. I changed and got in bed shortly after. I check my phone out of habit before I go to bed and I spot a couple of photos Gerard posted. Fantastic.

I scroll through the two photos and click on the people who were tagged in it too. No luck giving the girl a name. I click on Elias' user name and then on Mauro's and Camila's. Just my luck. I find photos of the three of them with the mystery girl and Shakira.

"Shit," I find myself saying aloud. "She's really pretty."

I shake my head frantically and decide to avoid her if we ever cross paths. The last thing I need is a girlfriend on my plate. As much as I'd like one, I just can't handle that on top of the club and my national team. The last couple of times things didn't go so well and I couldn't keep anything under control and I managed to hurt other people and myself.

I have a feeling I just won't be able to help myself.