Chapter 6 - Força

The crowd was going wild.

Cheers left and right, die hard culés and some brand new culés. The stadium was full and the spotlights were on the pitch, creating four shadows for each of the players on it. The game hadn't even started yet and I felt the sweat on my forehead as I maintained the football underneath my right foot. I passed it to Leo who was right in front of me as we patiently waited for the referee to blow his whistle, to commence the match.

The eleven chosen on our side were Claudio, Piqué, Mascherano, Bartra, Dani, Xavi, Rakitić, Iniesta, Busquets, Messi and me.

The whistle blew just as Leo trapped the ball under his foot and he soon passed it to Xavi. The match had started and I made my way to the opposite side as Xavi barely completed the pass to Leo.

Foul on Leo just a minute into the match. This is basically what the first half consisted of.

I got the ball about four times and got close to the net twice, missed once and made a goal the second. The score was 2-0, the second goal came from Leo. As the whistle blew and everyone began to walk off the pitch I caught a glimpse of Gerard. He was waving over at the crowd and I thought nothing of it until I laid eyes on Shakira with Milan and Mariana. I hadn't noticed them before and now I got super nervous.

Usually I never see Shakira cause she's up in those booths, but today she decided to sit in the general seating with that girl that I happened to like.

Mariana had the biggest smile on her face as Gerard waved, it must've been a super exciting experience for her to be here at Camp Nou, witnessing her first Barça match. All I kept thinking about was getting to see her after the match.

Some fifteen minutes later and I made my way onto the pitch again.

Luis asked if I was alright to play, apparently I didn't look too well; my nervousness apparent on my face. Just my luck.

I get out onto the field again and the second half begins.

We had another shot for a goal but the goalie on the opposing team caught it just in time. Claudio almost didn't catch the shot a team member on the opposing team made after he got past Jordi.

The ball was with me now. I was dribbling it with my two feet, rushing it towards the net, ready to kick it into the top right corner. That is until someone took it from me. A defender managed to intercept it and he passed it to a teammate of his, I shook my head and made my way back to where the ball was now, in Ivan's control.

I was running to retrieve it after he made a pass to me when I slammed into someone and fell on the ground.

Slammed onto the ground, more like it. My head bounced on the grass and I couldn't breathe for a second or two since the guy standing above me slammed the whole side of his body into my torso. I heard the referee faintly blow the whistle, or at least that's what it sounded like to me, faint. People crowded around me and the guy whose fault it was was apologizing profusely and checking to see if I was alright.

Of course he still got a yellow card, but then I got to thinking about why I wasn't paying attention.

I began breathing in again after the referee got to the crowd and cleared everyone away for good. I took the guy's hand and nodded, patting him on the back. I had looked over to see if Mariana was looking, which she wasn't, then I was thinking about when I should ask her out on another date and if she would refuse because she did the first time and because of the shoe incident the last week.

I got up and Luis substituted me immediately after he saw me trip a bit since I was dizzy and grabbing onto the back of my head.

"That should've been a red card," he spoke as I came to him and headed towards the bench.

I took the water bottle that was handed to me and then I took a seat.

The final whistle blew minutes later and I went back onto the pitch to say goodbye to the players of the opposite team. When I finally got back to the locker rooms inside the Camp, I got fixed up fairly quickly. My head was still aching a bit, but the medic gave me some pills to help ease the pain.

When I finally got out of the locker room I saw Gerard at the end of the hall with Shakira, Milan, and Mariana.

"Hey," I spoke to them all, not being able to avoid them since I had no other way to get to the parking lot then my car.

"Neymar," Shakira smiled. "Oh my, your head! How is it? That was a terrible fall."

"It wasn't that bad. I'm good thanks for asking," I explain.

I look over to Mariana who's holding Milan and give him a high-five.

"Dinner? Our place?" Shakira invites me.

"I am beat," I tell her. "Thanks again. Rain check."

"Fine, fine," Shakira speaks. "Coming this way?"

I simply nod my head and Gerard takes Milan from Mariana as we head out.

Gerard and Shakira walk ahead of Mariana and I as they start talking about something.

"You look..." Mariana starts as she walks by my side.

"Fine?" I smile.

She let's out a chuckle and places her hand on the back of my head and I wince a bit.

"Unwell," she finishes her sentence. "Did you take anything?"

"Yep," I said. "Some pain relievers."

I took a tighter grip on my bag as she felt the back of my head. Her touch sent chills through my body.

"Shakira tells me you never come over for dinner," Mariana says.

"She always asks at the worst times," I explain.

"You should come over some night. I'd love to see you there."

I can't hold back the smile that creeps on my face as we finally arrive outside and we head towards the cars.

"You're such a tease," I tell her.

"Me? A tease?" She asks, pointing to herself.

"Would you like to go on a date with me?" I stop in my tracks.

"No-"

"Tease," I interrupt her and continue walking.

"Alright fine," Mariana jumps in front of me. "How's this? Come over for dinner once and I might go on a date with you, but not by ourselves."

"Why not by ourselves?" I inquire.

"I don't think I could control myself," she bites her lip.

"Mari!" Gerard shouts for her as he waits, Shak and Milan already in the car.

Mariana turns to face him, then she turns back to me.

"Deal," I say.

"This is the part where I'd kiss you, but Gerard..." she says.

"Kiss me?" I ask a bit surprised as I settle my bag in my car.

"Good game," she winks before walking away from me.