Chapter 4 - Renewing

"Handsome!" Sergi shouted and clapped his hands together.

I let out a laugh and turned back towards the mirror and tried to fix my bow tie.

"It'll never be perfect," Marc spoke as he walked into the walk in closet to fix my bow tie. "Only with a woman's touch."

"Speaking of women," Sergi popped back by the doorway. "We should be on our way, ladies."

"Oh, yeah," I spoke. "You guys have girlfriends to pick up."

"Dani!" Sergi shouted impatiently.

"I'm coming, I'm coming," Dani shouted back as he came into my room. "How do I look?"

"Take those sunglasses off," I told him. "It's indoors, doesn't go with a suit, and you look like a douche."

"Hey," Sergi spoke. "If Neymar says you look like a douche, that says something."

"Shut up," I bit back.

Marc finished fixing my bow tie as best as he could and patted me on my back to usher me out. We had about half an hour before the ceremony started and we couldn't dare be late. Shakira and Gerard were to renew their vows, although they've never gotten married they still had a ceremony, and they insisted on having all their closest friends and relatives with them on this festive and memorable night.

I got the invitation about a week ago and I was dreading it. Not because I don't like either of them, but because it reminded me of my lack of a so-called love life.

Sergi, Marc, Dani and I were over at my place and were getting ready for the night. We got in a limo that was waiting for us for just a couple of minutes and sent the driver straight to pick up Melissa, Coral, and Dinora.

I was going solo tonight but everyone insisted on the night being a night for the team, meaning it was gonna be all the guys hanging out and having a good time; of course after they renew their vows.

We arrived at the ceremony about five minutes after the ceremony was set to start, but just in time before Shakira walked down the aisle. I was sat on the grooms side with the guys and I kept my eyes on the lovely couple in front.

Dani took out his sunglasses and put them on to piss me off and I cursed at him then took them off and smacked the back of his head, as quietly as I could. I looked straight across the room and caught a glimpse of Mariana who happened to see what just happened and was laughing. As soon as I met her eyes I just looked back at her and she turned to face Shakira and Gerard.

It's almost been three weeks since I met her. I never mentioned her to Gerard, I wanted to keep my distance. She looked stunning from what I could see and I didn't want to take my eyes off her. I got a nudge from Melissa who was sat next to me and she whispered to me, telling me I was drooling.

"When I first met you," Shakira began. "I cannot lie, your eyes made me go weak at the knees."

The crowd let out a laugh and I just sat there listening intently.

"You are the light of my life. I thank God everyday for you and for what you have brought me. For Milan, for the family we have created, for the love you give me everyday and the love you allow me to give you."

I took in everything she said after that. Everything I wish I had in my life. I shake it all off after I think about what I would always tell myself when I was little. I wanted to be on top of the world. Have crowds chant my name in admiration, be put up against Ronaldo and Messi for greatest player in the world, it's so close, it's in reach, just have to focus and try harder. Love can wait.

When it's Gerard's turn he says something almost as nice, but not as deep as Shakira. The guys and I laugh a little when he's done. Nothing could have compared to her love letter. The couple kiss right after and Milan comes running up the aisle and Gerard picks him up.