Chapter 8 - Market

I pick up the red apple and throw it in the air. I almost couldn't catch it when I spotted Mariana.

It's been almost a week since the party at Gerard's house and I haven't spoken to the girl who randomly decides to almost kiss me and leave it at that.

I pay for the apple and walk on over to her, as smoothly as possible for her not to notice.

"Shop here often?" I whisper in her ear.

She jumps a little since I frighten her, making me laugh at her reaction as she tightens her grip on her basket full of fruits and vegetables.

"Jesus," she manages to say. "What are you? Stalking me now?"

"Harsh," I say. "First you almost kiss me then never call me back?"

"What was I supposed to say? Wanna try that again?" Mariana asks.

We start walking down the farmer's market side by side as Mariana decides to ignore me.

"Did I do something wrong?" I finally ask.

"No," she frowns. "I shouldn't have tried kissing you."

"Why is that?"

"Because I just met you," she says.

"And?"

"And I just met you," she says as she pays for some green onion and walks to the next stand.

"But you like me don't you?" I try not bumping into some people walking the opposite way.

She begins to laugh at my enthusiasm and asks for a certain type of meat as we reach another stand.

"Do you want me to say yes? Is that what you want?" She asks.

"Only if you mean it," I smile at her.

I was genuinely curious as to what this girl had to say. I've had a crush on her for quite some time now and her almost kissing me last time I saw her confused the hell out of me. I thought she finally came around and liked me, but the distance this girl was keeping was unbearable; maybe she's just playing with me and I need to find out now.

"Neymar," she starts. "The single Barça player. That's new."

"So you're just interested cause I'm single? Want what you can't have?"

"I like you, Neymar," she sighed.

"Once more with feeling," I smiled.

She inched closer to me, standing an inch from my lips.

"I'd kiss you," she whispered. "Cause you clearly want it, but we're standing by the fish."

She stepped away from me and walked down the aisle after that, leaving me behind. I let out a chuckle and shook my head as I went after her.

"Clearly I want it?" I shout after her.

I offered her a ride shortly after and we got in the car with the numerous amount of bags she was supposedly set to carry as she walked home alone.

"Where to?" I ask as I start the car.

"That's kind of a dumb question don't you think?" She speaks after she scoffs.

I just bite my tongue and start driving towards Gerard's. We didn't talk much on the way there, pure silence the majority of the time with the exception of her phone buzzing and her letting out a humorous breath to whatever she read.

"Shak?" I question just before arriving.

"Sergi," she answered.

We got out of the car and I helped her with the majority of the bags as we entered Gerard's place. I followed Mariana into the kitchen and I heard Shakira with Milan before entering.