Chapter 11 - Call Me Back

Neymar's POV

I woke up next to her.

Mariana's POV

I woke up next to him.

I remember it all crystal clear.

When he let me into his house, the first thing I did was put my arms around him. I had to kiss him.

He didn't hesitate in kissing me back. He put his arms around me too as I kept on kissing him.

We stumbled down the hall and into the living room as we didn't dare take our lips off of one another's.

I sat on his lap and kissed him intensely as I began to feel him. I wanted every inch of him, I needed every inch of him.

I pulled on his hair and he dug his fingertips into my waist as I began to bite his bottom lip.

He disconnected his lips from mine as he moved to my jaw and down my neck, sending waves of ecstasy through my body. I was craving more.

I pulled off my top and tugged at his, he did the same after me and I lied back on the soft couch as he leaned over me and came to kiss me again.

I found myself aching to get my pants off and he helped me do so, bra and underwear the only things on after I slipped off my shoes.

He left a trail of sloppy kisses down my torso and he stopped as he kissed my hip and looked up at me.

I gave him a nod in approval and he took off my panties, slipping his tongue into me.

I tugged again at his hair and found moans escaping my mouth, I couldn't help the whimpering leaving my lips as he continued.

He came back up to meet my eyes and I tugged at him to kiss me.

I began reaching for his jeans and he began taking off his belt. The last piece of clothing on our bodies was his briefs and my bra.

I wrapped my legs around his lower body as he picked me up and we went to the bedroom.

I was on top now and it was my turn to return the favor.

Neymar's POV

Or at least I imagined I did.

I rubbed my eyes as the sunlight kept penetrating my curtains and looked around my room, remembering last night.

I went for my phone to check my messages, to see if anything had happened to Mari, and nothing. Not a message or call to be seen so I sent her one first.

Mariana's POV

The vibration coming from the living room was what woke me up. I was already in a small trance, about to open my eyes as I heard what seemed to be my phone vibrating once, rooms away.

I sat up in bed and walked calmly to the living room, picking up my articles of clothing and putting them on before heading out the door.

Neymar's POV

All I got five minutes later was a message from Mariana saying she was fine.

I went and ate breakfast in the kitchen, just a bowl of cereal. The crunch of the bits from the bowl and birds chirping outside filled the silent house of mine, until my phone began buzzing on the kitchen counter.

Sergi.

"Hello?" I asked, mouth full of cereal.

I heard his bed sheets rustling and him panting a bit until he answered.

"Neymar," he breathed out. "I need you to come over."

"What could be so important-"

"I've made a huge mistake."

The image of Mariana and Sergi by his front door flashed through my mind, but I ignored it. I was sure it had something to do with Coral. Nothing with Mariana.

Sergi swung the door open for me and he was just in boxers and a shirt as he looked to see if anyone had followed me. Fear in his eyes.

He lets me into his home and I walk to the living room, sitting on his couch.

"What the hell-"

"I had sex with Mariana," he blurts out. "At least four times."

I say nothing.

Why is he telling me this?

"Why are you telling me this?"

Sergi opens his mouth to speak, but nothing comes out. He sits down across from me and puts his head in his hands.

"Because I fucked up," he utters.

"You know I like her, why the fuck would you do this to me and then tell me?"

"No- I never meant to- she started it," he gets flustered. "This sounds really bad. Neymar, please. I'm sorry. This wasn't meant to happen and I definitely did not mean to do this to you. I just need your help because you know Mariana the most after Gerard and I need to know if she'll tell Coral."

"What?" I exclaim. "You're not going to tell her?"

"It was a drunken mistake-"

"You were not drunk," I interrupt him.

"Okay," he says. "I wasn't drunk, but I still can't tell her."

"You cheated on her! It was your choice! You knew what you were doing."

"Believe me, Coral was the last thing on my mind. I completely forgot I had a girlfriend, Mariana was so..."

"Stop," I state. "I won't help you. Ask her yourself."

"No! I mean I will also, but I need your opinion. Would she?" Sergi desperately asks.

"No," I say. "No, she wouldn't."

"Okay," Sergi says. "That's all I needed, so far. I'm sorry. I forgot how you felt about her."

I know I would've done the same in his case. Not because I would've wanted to hurt a friend, but because Mariana is so spectacular and enticing. I really can't blame the kid.

"It's fine," I say, a hint of anger in my voice.

"I'm gonna have to talk to her, aren't I?"

I nod my head. Best of luck to him and Coral after this. Here's hoping he stays away from Mariana now.

"Good luck, man," I say. "Don't let it happen again."

"No! Of course not, I am so sorry, Neymar. I hope you can forgive me."

"I don't hold grudges," I try to smile.

Sergi lets me out of his home and I find myself sat in my car thinking.

"Fuck!" I yell out and hit my steering wheel.

I can tell Sergi wasn't lying. She initiated it and that just makes me even angrier. Does she not like me? Is she using me? Do I like her too much?

I reach for my phone after and dial her number. It rings and rings and rings and then I get her voice mail.

I end the call and send her a text message.

Call me back.