Chapter 10 - Day Out

"Why are you insisting so much?" Mariana almost pleaded as she grabbed a hold of the front door tighter.

"Because I wanted to see you again," I simply say.

"No," she shakes her head.

"What did I do?"

"Nothing," she says. "I- Okay look if I say yes, would you leave?"

"Maybe," I smirked.

"Mari! Breakfast!" Gerard yelled from inside.

Shak and Gerard had no idea I was here, I had only texted Mari to come downstairs and see me.

"I'll see you outside your place in two hours," she said and shut the door on me before I could respond.

I mentally gave myself a pat on the back as I had managed to convince the elusive Mariana to go on another date with me.

Hours later, just as Mariana had promised, I find myself greeting her at my front door as we make our way to my car.

"How was breakfast?" I ask cheekily.

"It was fine," she states. "What did you want with me today?"

"That's the thing, why reject another date from the guy you like?"

"Maybe you like me a little too much, Neymar."

"Well," I say as I change gears. "Let's find out."

After a somewhat silent car ride, we make it to the beach. The loneliest beach I could think of.

I hear Mari curse under her breath before I step out and go over to the other side of my car to open the door for her.

"Do you hate the beach?" I ask.

"On the contrary," she smiled. "I love it."

The sun wasn't burning at all today, so when we got to the edge of the sand we took off our shoes and left them by the pavement, not a soul in sight.

Mari put her hair up into a kind of bun then secured it with her hair clip as she made her way to the water and I silently followed.

We had our feet in the water as the wind blew past us, Mari fighting to keep the loose strands of hair out of her face and behind her ear.

"I haven't been to beach in Barcelona yet, surprisingly."

"Great," I say. "Now you can have a nice memory of it."

She keeps walking into the water until it reaches her knees and I stay ashore, my shorts reaching up to my own knees. She lets her arms hang by her sides and just stares. A sense of freedom visibly rushing through her.

A minute later she turns around and faces me.

"Let's go for a walk," she says.

We walk along the endless beach and just ask each other questions and questions until we can't think of anything.

"Favorite movie?" I ask.

"I don't have one," she smiles. "I don't know... Dirty Dancing?"

"Is that a question?" I laugh at her.

"Yeah," she laughs with me. "Is that an acceptable answer?"

"I mean, if you like it-"

"Then, yeah, that's my favorite movie."

I couldn't help but smile at her, the sun was setting and I've been having the greatest time so far.

"Tell me about your parents," I say, Mariana's facial expressions shifting a little.