Reader Gets Hurt Dean x Reader

Title: My World

Pairing: Dean x Reader

Word Count: 877

Reader gets badly hurt on a hunt; her and Dean have a tender moment in her hospital room.

DEAN's POV

She was hurt. She was hurt bad. And it was all my fault.

Dean's heart was pounding; he could feel y/n's shallow breaths grow slower as she gripped his shirt in her small, shaking hands.

A single tear slipped down his cheek as Sam glanced back at him from the driver's seat; worry etched across his face and pain glimmered in his eyes as he sped towards the closest hospital.

"Dean," she whispered softly, her eyes shut tight. "Dean, please-".

"Don't, y/n," Dean snapped, admittedly harsher than intended. "Just- don' talk, you'll hurt yourself," he whispered a bit softer before he pressed his lips to the top of her head in a chaste kiss. Another tear ran down his cheek as Sam whipped Baby into the emergency entrance of the hospital.

...

Y/N's POV

She woke with a searing pain in her chest, lower abdomen, and right thigh. When she opened her eyes, she saw Dean, hunched forward in his chair, using the hospital bed as a pillow. His eyes were red and puffy from crying. Her heart panged at the sight of him, and in her mind she silently cursed herself for having brought so much pain to her best friend.

She carded her fingers through his hair as a stream of tears began to fall. She choked back a sob as Dean began to stir at her touch. In his eyes she could see the pain as he started to stand.

"Sweetheart," he whispered hoarsely, his voice obviously sore from what y/n could only imagine as lots of arguing and yelling at doctors. He took her face in his calloused hands and pressed a sweet kiss to the corner of her mouth, butterflies effectively erupted in her stomach.

"Dean I'm so sorry," y/n couldn't stop the tears from falling as she looked at the man she secretly loved, in so much pain. Dean sat down on the edge of the bed next to her, his hands never leaving the sides of her face as she continued to apologize. "P-please forgive me, Dean. Please, I had to save you, I had to!"

"I forgive you sweetheart," Dean sniffled as he pressed his forehead against hers. "I'm so fucking mad at you, you have no idea how pissed I am but... Damn it y/n, I'm just- I'm so glad you're alive, sweetheart," Dean whispered with anger and sadness in his voice.

Deans words broke her damn heart. She knew what she did was stupid- God, of course she did- but how could she live with herself if she let him die? The world needs the Winchesters.

...

DEAN's POV

Dean could tell y/n was hurt by what he said. He could see the mental battle as it unraveled behind her eyes, and he tried not to cry again at the thought of how angry he still was at her, the woman he loved. It was necessary, but he still felt bad.

"C'mere," she whispered, shakily moving her body further to the side of the bed so Dean could lay down next to her. A whimper of pain escaped her lips.

"Woah woah woah, slow down sweetheart," Dean's hands rushed down to her hips as her body shook beneath his touch. "Don't move, you'll rip your stitches," I whispered.

"No," y/n groaned as she continued to move over. Stubborn as she was, Dean felt himself smile for the first time since they'd brought her to the hospital three days ago. "Need my Bean," she mumbled, her head falling back against the hospital bed as she avoided eye contact.

Dean sighed softly as he gave in, sliding into the bed next to her. He was careful not to bump the woulds on her body as he pulled the thin hospital sheet over the two of them.

"I got you, sweetheart," he whispered against her hair as he pressed his lips to the top of her head in a lingering kiss. "I won't ever let you go again, promise,".

Y/n started to shake with sobs as Dean's words brought all her emotions bubbling to the surface.

"I love you, B-Bean," she choked out through the sobs. "I'm so sorry I hurt you but I j-just... the world needs the Winchesters. It needs you, it doesn't need y/n y/l/n," she avoided Dean's gaze as he felt his heart drop.

A tear ran down Dean's cheek as y/n pressed herself into his side. He ran his fingers through her hair, and she started to calm down. She let out a small yawn as she wrapped her arm around Dean's middle.

"My world needs y/n y/l/n. Y/n y/l/n is my world," Dean whispered as he peppered small kisses over her face, and he watched as his kisses slowly began to put her to sleep. "'S far as me and Sammy are concerned, you're y/n Winchester. You're 's important as we are,".

Dean laid his head down on the pillow next to hers, softly nuzzling into her neck as she fell asleep. Her soft breaths lulled Dean into a similar calmness as his eyes started to drift shut. "And I love you too, sweetheart."