Chapter 4 - Renewing

Start from the beginning

The three of them make their way to another room and all of the guests are directed to the reception. The party the guys are looking forward to, my time to relax.

There was a long table full of food that Jordi and I headed straight towards. We went to the bar and got some drinks for the guys who came alone, as the other ones were getting drinks for their dates. The music started and the lights dimmed. The dance floor got populated quickly and I got dragged along onto it.

An hour later and I went back to the table I started off at. I left my jacket on a seat and went straight to the bar to get a drink since I was dying of thirst. I looked around the reception and I caught a glimpse of Gerard. I hadn't noticed the couple's arrival and I assume they've been going around thanking everyone for coming since Gerard doesn't look drunk or drenched in sweat from dancing.

I head back to the table and take a seat. No one from the team was in sight so I got on my phone for a couple of minutes until Gerard was stood in front of me with Shakira.

"Neymar!" her usual cheer escaped her mouth. "So lonely over here, don't you think?"

"I just came from the dance floor," I explained.

"Yeah," Gerard spoke. "Can't you tell?"

Shakira rolls her eyes and begins to thank me for coming.

"It was my pleasure, you guys mean a lot to me. Thank you for having me, it was a lovely ceremony."

I receive a thank you from each along with a nod.

"I'll be right back." Shakira says.

"Just go," Gerard speaks, getting us two alone. "Spot anyone you like?"

"Not interested," I shook my head.

"What? Have you chosen to be single? I just assumed it's because there was no one to conquer."

"Conquer? What are you? A knight?"

"Knight and shining armor," he smiled. "That Camila chick has asked about you. You've got her boyfriend all mad."

"Just my luck," I lean back in the chair I was sat in.

"Listen man, have some fun tonight."

"Does that mean, pick up some girl and take her home for the night?"

"If that's your definition-"

"I'd rather not," I simply state.

"Gerard!" Shakira shouts from two tables over.

Gerard says his goodbye and I look onto the dance floor. I spot Mariana having, what looks to be, the time of her life with Dani and Sergi. I catch her look over to Shakira shortly after and she leaves the dance floor and heads to the bar.

I tell myself I shouldn't as she walks back to one of the tall tables in the room, the ones where you would have to stand or sit on a stool. She looks around the room and looks completely disappointed.

"You and me both," I say to myself.

I envy the reason I'm here and I have a feeling she does also.

I get up and make my way over to her. I know I shouldn't be doing what I'm about to be doing and I tell myself mentally to sit down. I'm not trying to do what Gerard suggested, but I am infatuated with this girl and I want to get to know her.

I grab my beer off the table and make my way to her.

I put my left elbow on the table as she has her right one on it and I look out into the dance floor as she eyes me. I take a sip of my beer and look over at her.

"You look amazing," I tell her.

She keeps her eyes on me and says nothing.

"Don't really take well to compliments, I guess," I shrug a bit.

"Thank you," she says and takes a sip of her drink.

I bite down on my lip hard and suck it all up.

"Would you like to go on a date with me?" I ask.

"What makes you think you have a chance?" She asked.

She was gently running her finger around and around the rim of the glass that was sat in front of her. She had a Scotch on the Rocks across from her; she either thought she was looking sophisticated and the opposite of girly or she wanted to drown the night away in the fewest amount of drinks as possible with the least flavorful drink. I swirled the beer in my right hand around and I looked down as soon as she said that, with a smirk on my face. As I looked up I met her eyes and let out a chuckle.

"I don't think I have a chance," I started. "I'm asking you to give me one."