SURPRISES

P.S. pic credit to uploader

Hello everyone,

I hope you guys remember me and this story. I know I am terribly late this time and I sincerely apologise for that. Please forgive me, I promise I will try to update regularly from now on.

Wish you all a very Happy Holi. May the colors of Holi bring more joy and happiness to all this year.

And I hope you enjoy the update, which is the longest one till date.

She had been waiting for him for hours now, his words still drumming in her ears.

"Mujhe meri biwi wapis chahiye Ishita. I want the girl I had married, the girl whose smile used to make me smile, whose innocence made my heart flutter, I want her back. I hope you can give me this gift."

She finally stood up from her place after hours, gathering herself and making up her mind on giving him and her, their relationship and their marriage a fair chance, which they truly deserved. She walked over to the living room and found he wasn't back yet. Putting up a smile on her lips, she moved to the kitchen to arrange for dinner, hoping to have a nice time with her husband over the meal.

"Where's he?"

She whispered to herself after a long wait of two hours and was about to call him when he walked in.

"Raman..."

She started only to be cut off by him.

"I think I'll have to leave for a business trip... I"

"What is this Raman, you can't just go like that. It's your birthday day after tomorrow and I..."

"I know Ishita and I wanted to spend the day with you but I can't avoid this meeting. I really have to be there. But I promise I will be there day after tomorrow, I don't want to cut the cake alone this year."

She passed him an angry look and asked about his trip to which he briefed her of his visit to Mumbai and again promised to return soon. Ishita helped him with his packing and soon he left for the airport having a peaceful dinner with her.

The next morning she woke up and smiled seeing a text from him. He had reached the hotel and reading the same, she called him immediately.

"Hey good morning sleepy head."

He said adjusting the phone on his shoulder and putting his socks on.

"Good morning husband"

She spoke yawning softly and asked him about his meeting.

"I'll be leaving in a couple of minutes"

"Isn't it too early for the meeting?"

She asked glancing at the clock which read quater to seven.

"I requested them to make it soon. Actually I have promised something to my wife and I really want to fulfill it. I can't be late or else she'll skin me alive. She's a little hot headed you know."

He spoke teasingly while she clutched her phone tightly hearing that.

"Liar"

He smiled at that continuing with his work whilst talking to her.

"Had breakfast?"

She asked hearing him instructing someone to start the car.

"I will grab a bite after the meeting."