FROM WHERE I BELONG?

Hello everyone
I'm finally back with an update. I know I have made you all wait for too long but since semester end is nearing , I have a lot on my plate. The coming three days are going to be more crucial so I won't be able to promise the next update of this one or love can be selfish too soon but will try to get back to writing as soon as possible.

Okay here goes another filler and boring kind of update. I have tried something with Raman, hope you like it. Enough of my rant now, scroll down for the update.

Ishita stirred in sleep but was soon patted by a warm hand and some soft caresses taking her back to her dreamland. Mumbling something in her mother tongue, something he miserably failed to understand, she went off to sleep again.

He had woken up a while ago sleeping over her. Smiling in satisfaction recalling their conversation, he shifted a little mentally scolding himself for putting all his weight on her, hoping her stitches would be fine.

She just turned in her sleep as he settled his back against the headboard. Glancing at his watch, he moved closer to her, trying to wake her up for lunch.

"Ishita"

She hummed in response and shifted closer to him, shifting her entire weight on him as if he is her pillow. Smiling at her antics, he slowly pulled her closer, settling her head in his lap.

He called her again but she seemed in no mood to wake up and so, giving up his attempts, he just let her sleep peacefully realizing he had missed watching her sleep. Unknown to her, he had spent countless hours watching her sleep in the wee hours of the night post their encounter before he left for his overseas trips, content of having her beautiful image in his eyes for his journey.

His fingers started weaving her hair softly while his lips caressed her temple softly making her open her eyes.

"Did I woke you up sweetheart?"

He asked sweetly while she bounced from his lap hearing the endearment.

"No.. just"

She stuttered, still dazed at the endearment from her husband's mouth and sat up crossing her legs.

"Did you sleep well?"

He asked again, caressing her cheeks in a slow, rhythmic motion. She flinched at his touch, the same old thoughts propelling her yet again, what if he leaves her a year or two later when she won't be able to give him a child. What if he gets bored of her after a while and walk away breaking her heart? What would she do? Where would she go?

She looked at him with teary eyes as he continued to caress her cheeks with the same tenderness and just walked to the washroom without saying anything.

Walking out of the washroom after a while, she found her husband waiting for her on the couch as Neelu arranged the coffee table and he signed her to leave. Ishita joined him as he called her for lunch. Her stomach was growling since long and a glance at the clock made her realize why was it happening. She watched as Raman filled serves in her plate and passed it to her before taking up one for himself.

"You should have eaten. It's five..."

"I am tired of eating alone and I wasn't hungry either"

He answered taking a bite of the vada and signed her to eat as well. Nodding her head like a robot, she started munching her food, in between stealing glances of him silently. The food eaten in complete silence, he called Neelu to clear the dishes and once again, silence engulfed them.

Feeling awkward, she rushed after Neelu in the pretext of some work while he got busy with his MacBook. A few hours ticked by and Ishita didn't entered the room until he himself came out looking for her.