Food 2

The second part to a drabble I made a while. It might be a little disjointed, but it's on purpose, as it mirrors the first part. It was a lot of fun to write. Requests are open, please give me something to write.

He had promised. He would starve before he let the others go without food. And he had followed through. He had done it. Though many favors, and a deal with someone he was sure was the actual devil, he had fixed it. The fridge was full of food. He had checked before sitting down. There was no reason to check again.

But he was weak. The fridge was full to the brim. Leftovers on one side, new food, ready to be cooked on the other. Fruits and vegetables, cheeses, a thing of meat thawing for dinner tonight. He focused on pulling himself together as he forced himself to shut the fridge and keep it shut.

He had done it. He had kept everyone fed. He gave all of his rations, cutting down on the amount of food he ate, to nothing.

His stomach growled ferociously and he clutched his stomach, a reflex he had never gotten rid of. His vision went blurry and he realized that he was crying.

Papyrus didn't have to worry about food anymore. He had done his job as older brother, he had fixed it all. Too bad his mind wouldn't accept this fact. It couldn't, not after so long starving.

There was food here. It filled the kitchen. He could almost smell it. That didn't matter to his subconscious.

He had checked each cupboard three different times, trying to convince himself that the fullness wasn't a trick of the light. He should just be able to convince himself of it.

The open cupboard doors around him told a different story, showcasing food he couldn't believe was real.

Horror cried in the middle of the kitchen. He had been so certain. They had more than enough again. It all should be okay. They had made it passed the point of needing ration days.

So why did he still feel guilty for thinking about eating?

Word count: 318