drunk

I blame Cam for this. this tis a slighty dreammare drabble.

Nightmare groaned loudly, putting his head down. It was getting close to the holiday season and everyone had decided that they absolutely could not wait until Christmas to start partying, so Blue threw a party at his place. And of-fucking-course there was alcohol, because how could it have been a fucking party without alcohol. He looked around, trying to see if he could find Error, or anyone else from his gang.

Nothing.

However... A flash of yellow showed through the crowd and he catches sight of someone who could work in the place of his gang.

"Dream!" he shouts, the figure looks up, "Get over here!"

Dream ran over to him, slipping through the crowd with his drink in hand. He grinned at Nightmare, setting his drink down on Nightmare's table.

"Hey Nighty, isn't this part amazing? Blue really went all out! Have you tried the punch yet? It's delicious!"

Nightmare raised an eyebrow. Did, Blue start serving non-alcoholic drinks? Dream was a massive light-weight, there's no way he'd still be so sober if that punch if it was spiked.

"I haven't had it yet. Wasn't it spiked?" Nightmare asked

Dream only giggled, "It's not spiked if it's supposed to be alcoholic. You should really try it, its wine fire punch, it'll warm you right up!"

Nightmare stared at Dream, "Dream, have you actually had any of it?"

Dream laughed, "Of course I have Nighty! I had a mug of it before guests started arriving, and I had another just a little bit ago!"

"Bullshit."

Dream looked up, alarmed at Nightmare's sudden denial of his statement, "What?"

"Bull shit." Nightmare said, slow and emphasized, "I've seen you drink, you were drunk after a quarter of that amount, and you sure as hell aren't drunk now."

Dream tilted his head, "What would I have to gain from lying to you? I'm not a lightweight and it's been centuries since you've seen me drink."

Nightmare scoffed, "Hell if I should know why you would. I know you though, and you don't drink."

"Nightmare, I'm not lying. I'm not a lightweight and I was about to go grab myself a third mug of this."

Nightmare scowled at Dream, "I challenge you to a drinking contest. Let's see just how true those words are!"

Dream sighed and grabbed Nightmare's hand, pulling him out of his seat, "Alright. C'mon, let's go find Blue, he'll have the hard-core whiskey. Who's taking you all home? it's not safe to teleport while drunk."

Nightmare felt himself waver at Dream's confidence, but followed him anyway, "...Error agreed that he wasn't drinking tonight."

It didn't take long to gather what they needed. Blue was more than happy to prepare them a tray of shots, and people parted easily for the trio as they found a small table at the center of the of the room. Blue looked them both over with an amused look and set down the tray.

"Forfeit when it gets to much, we don't need anyone seriously hurt tonight. If you pass out you lose, obviously. Please don't drop my glasses, I really like this set. I'll be pouring everything to keep it fair. Any questions?" Blue asked, grin wide

Nightmare smirked, "Whose taking Dreamy home after he passes out after his second shot?"

Blue's grin widened, "Oh, I see. I'm Dream and Ink's designated teleporter, though I don't think you'll need to worry about that."

He set down the first two shots and Dream gave him a wide smile.

"Good luck!"

Nightmare smirked back, "Save it all for yourself, I think you're gonna need it."

Dream grabbed his shot and downed it easily, keeping eye contact with Nightmare the entire time. His starry eyelights glittered like jewels. Nightmare quickly took his shot trying to catch up. It burned as it went down his throat.

Surprisingly, Dream did not even stutter after two shots. Or at five when Nightmare started to feel the buzz. Or at eight, when Nightmare's hands started shaking and his normally strong walls fell.

"You're cute~" Nightmare slurred, flirting happily.

Dream giggled, "And you are very, very drunk. Are you sure you don't want to quit while you're ahead Nighty?"

Nighty growled and grabbed the next shot straight from Blue's hand and downed it like he had on the first one.

"No way lightweight! You first!"

Dream only giggled as he took his shot, as easily as though it was a glass of water, "You'll pass out before that happens Nighty."

Dream was right. Two more shots and Nightmare had to put his head down. He felt woozy.

"I-I forfeit. I can't have any more." Nightmare said, voice shaky.

Dream grinned as he stood, how did he do that? Nightmare's feet felt like lead, stuck to the ground and far to heavy to lift.

"That's okay Nighty, I know you aren't used to drinking this much. I'll take you over to Error's table so that he can keep an eye on you."

Dream bounced over to him, despite his weak protests and easily picked him up.

He leaned down and whispered, "I lived with Ink for centuries, did you seriously think you could win this?"

He gave Nightmare a smirk that made his SOUL do flips, and his face light up in cyan blush. He stared up at Dream, barely even managing to summon the will to give Dream a small pout. he did however, manage to get a kiss from Dream as he dropped him off with Error, so all's well that ends well he guessed.

word count: 885