social life 2

Alternate title: Stretch is a bastard, Blue terrifies Dream, and Nightmare holds a baking contest. A birthday present for the lovely TicciKat7. Happy birthday. Sorry i'm a bit late, enjoy this seven thousand word monster. (If I hadn't put a time limit on myself, and if I wrote more that I procrastinated, this would have been longer or done on time.)(no seriously, I procrastinated so hard I ended up joining a new fandom, reading a couple dozen fics, draw fanart, and contemplated writing fanfiction. This shouldn't have been so hard.) Enjoy.

Warning: this is a part two to Social Life, where in, Stretch was a manipulative, abusing bastard. He remains a manipulative abusing bastard. Sorry.

Blue rubbed his wrists discreetly as he walked to his puzzles. He knew that he had upset Stretch a ton, but he had been so rough this time. He had scratches all across his wrists from the cuffs Stretch had used to keep him in his room. Stretch must have made it extra tight this time from the severity of the scratches. Luckily his gloves kept the scratches out of sight.

His arms throbbed under the gloves. They were bruised all over, and cigarette burns dotted the bones like pox marks.

He had wrapped them up in bandages before he left the house but his healing magic really wasn't the strongest, especially when it came to his own wounds. And there really wasn't anyone else he could ask unless Dream or someone else with healing magic came to visit. So he was stuck with throbbing arms. He could only hope that this wouldn't be obvious during training with Alphys.

Finally he reached the first of his puzzles. This one didn't really matter as it was the unused bridge trap, but he still had to check the rocks for smudges in the paint, the rope used to hold up that stupid dog, and each piece of the trap to make sure they swung properly and would retract with the push of a button. After checking everything on this trap, he moved on to the next one and the one after that. He checked each piece with the patience and ease of someone who had been doing this every day for the past half a century.

Finally he finished and arrived at his "post". It was really just a cardboard box that he had set up about a year before the resets began. He had originally spent very little time at
it, choosing rather to patrol through the Dogs' areas and visit his brother's post. But as he became aware, he learned to hate his past self for setting up such a crappy station. The little time he got to spend away from Stretch and he had to spend it in a cardboard box.

Oh well. Time away from Stretch was good no matter where it was spent.

As he sat down next to his station he glanced around then dove into the box, keeping a giant smile on his face. He was very purposefully not stealthy about entering the box, because to not dive into the box would have risen more stares than not.
Hidden in his box, he checked the code for the human's presence. As he had expected, Chara was almost finished with the ruins, probably facing Asgo-- the bearded Toriel at this moment. Not a single exp yet at this point.

Blue stifled a groan of disappointment. A dark part of his mind wished that he would die early on this run. And while it wasn't particularly improbable for the human to only start killing after they passed the ruins, it was so much more unlikely.

He stifled his disappointment. His death would only make Stretch worse next reset. No, he would have to hope for pacifist. At least then he could see the sun and stars for a little bit before the inevitable return.

He checked the code again and Asgore had been added to the list of defeated enemies. No exp still. He climbed out of his box with a giant, false smile on his face. He began to bound to the road before Stretch's station. There he would wait for Stretch to finish greeting the human so that the human could hide before he ran in and began to scold his brother. Unfortunately he won't be able to talk to Chara until their date. But he would wait. Hopefully Frisk was there with them, so he could talk to them both.