Sidney Crosby - Pittsburgh Penguins

Requested by @Seventhsense

I was sitting in the living room watching a Penguins game that I missed while I was visiting family, when my phone started ringing. I didn't have to look at it, because I knew the ringtone was for when Sidney called. I slid my thumb across the screen to answer it and immediately put the phone to my ear so I could hear his voice for the first time in weeks.

"Hey Sid! How have you been? I've missed you," I said smiling, even though I knew he couldn't see me.

"Can I stop by your house for a minute?" He asked quickly, sounding scared.

"Of course," I said, concern filling my voice.

Not even a minute after I hung up, I heard a knock on my front door. I knew by the sound of the knock, that it was Sidney. I jumped up and went to answer the door. When I opened it, I saw his eyes were getting a little red. I knew he had been crying. I quickly embraced him and almost started crying myself, but was able to keep it together.

"Sid, why are you crying?" I asked after I pulled away so I could look him in the eye.

"I'm so sorry," he said as he stood there in front of me.

"For what, baby?" I asked, very concerned at this point.

"There's something I haven't told you," he started. "Something that I should've told you a long time ago."

"What it is?" I asked. He stood there not saying anything. "Sidney, you can tell me anything."

"I'm engaged to someone," he said looking me straight in the face, which told me he was serious.

I stood there totally taken by surprise. All I could do was lean against the wall, slide down, sit on the floor and bury my face in my hands and cry. Once I stopped for a few seconds, I stood up and faced him, tears in my eyes, barely able to speak, I forced myself to say something to him,"Why? Why would you do this to me? We were so happy. When did this happen?" I asked as tears began cascading down my cheeks. "I'm so sorry Y/N. I was going to tell you, but you were with your family and she said that if I did, she'd ruin my hockey career. I'm sorry."

All I could do was stand there in disbelief at what he had done. He had been my everything. He treated me like we were married already. He'd always been a gentlemen and took me everywhere. I looked him in the eye once more and saw him sad to see me like I was. He leaned down and kissed my forehead, said goodbye and walked away. I sat there crying for hours at what he'd done. He cheated on me. Now, I was done with him. I trained myself to forget about him and after a month, he was out of my life. I never once remembered him. I moved to Dallas and ended up dating Tyler Seguin from the Stars and he became my world. Eventually, we got married and I never thought about Sidney ever again. My life was perfect and I wasn't going to let some jerk ruin it like Sidney did.

__________________________

Sorry it was a sad one, but I was listening to a sad song and when I write while listening to music, I tend to write with the tone of the song.

I hope you guys liked my first NHL imagine. The next one will be better and happier.