Adam Burish (San Jose Sharks)

This is dedicated to @bursgirl3716. I hope you like it!

_________________________

I laid on the couch and watched tv waiting for Adam to come home. It got to the point where I couldn't keep my eyes open and they closed and I fell asleep.

I was woken up suddenly when I heard a door shut. I looked up and saw Adam in the kitchen putting something down. I got up to go see what he was doing.

"Adam? Where were you?" I asked.

"Y/N, I didn't hear you. Sorry if I woke you up," he said turning around quickly.

"Why have you been coming home so late for the last week?" I asked folding my arms across my chest.

"I was out with the guys," he said playing with his hands, but sounding innocent.

"Doing what?" I asked trying to get the truth out of him.

"Something important. But before you say anything, how about I take you out tomorrow night?" He said using his beautiful smile that he knew I couldn't resist.

"Whatever. I'm going to bed," I said snarling a little, silently hoping he wasn't cheating.

"Love you, Y/N," he said, sadness threaded in his voice.

I didn't respond. I just kept walking til I got to the room we shared. I sat down and slowly lowered my body onto the cold sheets. I quickly pulled the thick blanket over me and curled into it. I laid there just waiting for my mind to fall asleep so I could relax. Soon, I heard the door open and not long after, the bed move and someone laying down. I knew it was Adam, so I ignored him. He gently touched my side and didn't feel any movement, so he pulled his hand back and flipped over to face away from me.

"I love you, Y/N. I hope you know that," he whispered, not knowing I was still awake. I kept my breathing steady and eventually fell asleep.

When I woke up the next morning, I looked over at my phone and it said 9:45am. I groaned, got up and went to eat breakfast. I walked into the kitchen and saw a note that said:

"I love you so much Y/N. Remember, we have a date tonight. I'm staying at the rink all day, but I'll come pick you up at 7. No need to dress fancy."

I put the note down and tried to forget about it. I ate breakfast and went to watch tv.

I thought about the note all day. I couldn't get it out of my mind for life of me. Suddenly it hit me. The note I thought. I ran to the kitchen and saw it said 7. I looked at the clock and it said 6:45. I rushed into the bedroom and picked out my favorite jersey, which just so happened to be number 37. I slipped it on and put on some basketball shorts, then slipped into my Nike's. I looked at my phone and t said 6:55. I ran downstairs and waited. Right as the clocked hit 7, Adam's teammate Joe walked in.

"You ready to g-" he said stopping mid sentence. "Woah. Nice outfit."

"Thanks, but where is Adam?" I asked very confused.

"He asked me to pick you up. He busy." He said holding his arm out to escort me.

"Thank you," I said smiling.

"No problem," I said returning the smile.

"So where are we going?" I asked trying to get any answer I could.

"Can't say. Adam wants it to be a surprise," he said making the motion of zipping his lips.

I laughed as we got to his car. He opened the door for me and I hopped in. He quickly walked over to his side, got in, slipped his seatbelt on and started the car. We took off quickly but safely. The drive was about 25 minutes. When we stopped at a red light, he handed me a blindfold.

"Put this on," he said.

"What? Why?" I asked feeling a bit scared.

"Because it's what Adam wants," he said kind of shrugging.

I groaned, but put the blindfold on. I felt the car turn a few times before it came to a stop. I heard his door open and close. Then I heard mine open and he grabbed my arm.

"Alright, no peaking. Just let me guide you," he said holding onto my arm as we started walking.

It took a few minutes to walk wherever we were going, because I kept thinking I was going to walk into something. But all the sudden, we stepped down onto something slippery. I knew we were on ice. We walked a little further and then stopped.

"Alright, you can take the blindfold off now," he said still holding me so I didn't fall over.

When I took the blindfold off, I saw we were at the rink, but there was no one else there.

"What are we doing here?" I asked. "There's no one he-" I tried to finish, but the lights suddenly came on.

I looked around and saw someone behind me. Then music started playing in the arena. I couldn't tell what the song was though. All the sudden, all the Sharks started coming onto the ice. The last one to get on was Adam. I heard the music change and I knew I heard the song somewhere, but no couldn't remember what it was called. I looked around before my eyes landed on Adam again and I saw singing to me.

I immediately recognized the song and remembered it was Marry Me by Jason Derulo. As soon as I figured out what it was, I started crying.

When he was done, he came up to me and and grabbed my hands.

"Y/N, you are the most amazing girl I've ever met. You have been with me for 2 hard, yet amazing years. I never thought you'd want to be with me for this long, but I know 100% that I want to be with you for the rest of my life." He said getting down on one knee. He took a little box out from his sleeve and held out a little box. He opened it to reveal the most beautiful, but simple ring I've ever seen.

"Y/N, will you marry me?"

"Yes," I said through all of my tears.

He slid the ring onto my finger and we enjoyed the rest of or night skating before we headed back home.

___________________________

The next imagine will be about Teuvo Teräväinen.

Jules