The Things He Couldn't Forget

Finally, after many years, I am fulfilling what I said I would do.

I give you.... Quentin's story!!

Here's chapter one. It is also published now. If you can't find it, go to my profile and it should be there! Hope you enjoy :)
_________

The piano keys felt cool under my fingers, their sound was like home. I let my small fingers dance across them as my eyes closed. Not only could I hear the music, but I could feel it. The sound of the TV in the living room didn't affect me; the only thing I could hear is the soft melody coming from beneath my fingers.

"Q," I heard, but I ignored it. Not on purpose, but I was at such a good part in the song. "I think it's time to call it quits, don't you think?"

My brother sat beside me and rested his elbows on the keys, causing an awful sound. He did it gently, at least, which is something he knew to do.

I opened my eyes reluctantly and dropped my hands to my thighs. "I think it's time for you to leave, don't you?"

Michael laughed per usual. He'd never been one to take any sort of threat or comment seriously. He always laughed it off like it was just another joke. Normally I would envy the way he could do that, but right then, I wanted him to take me seriously.

When he stood up, he couldn't resist ruffling my hair. "Do you want to come with me to see a movie?"

I ran a hand through my unruly head of hair. "Who's going?"

He shrugged. "Corey and Max are meeting me there. I don't even know what we're watching."

I twisted around on the smooth wooden bench so I was facing him. "Sounds like you guys will have lots of fun."

"Oh, come on. You need to give your fingers a break... especially if you're going to become the famous rockstar I see in you becoming." I could sense another hair ruffle coming, so I quickly dodged it by standing up.

I was almost as tall as Mikey despite our two-year age difference. At 17, and being a star football player, my older brother stood at five-foot-eleven. His hobbies included football, fishing, and more football. In other words, he's my dad's most precious child. I never really got the athletic traits my brother did, though I'm not a bad person to toss a football around with.

Mikey was just... better. His friends thought so, my family thought so, I thought so. He was just born with the natural ability to charm people. And the thing is, he does it without even trying.

"So?" He pressed, a hopeful look on his face.

I sighed and took a seat on the bench again. "I can't. I want to keep playing before I lose the melody in my head."

Mikey sighed an almost sad sound, making me feel worse. I'm no fun to hang out with anyway which is why I'll never know why he wants me to do stuff with him. I'm not a people person like he is; I can't just walk up to someone and have a friendly conversation with them.

I keep to myself. I have always been that way.

"Okay," he said, back to his chipper self. "I'll be back later tonight, Rockstar. Tell Mom and Dad I love them, and I'll see 'em later."

I nodded my head without looking up at him.

A moment later, he burst through the door again and raced over to me. Before I could stop him, he rubbed my head with his knuckles and obnoxiously yelled "Love you, Q!" before dashing out the door again.