Chapter 21: Jen & Strawberry Lips.

On my way back to the apartment, I felt like Usain Bolt running through the people, my hair and hoodie bouncing with every step. I whipped my phone out of pocket when I came up on a crosswalk and dialed Ellie's number as quickly as possible.

It was hard to describe the things I was feeling. Excited, anxious, scared, confident – yet not really confident. I was feeling all of these emotions at one time which only gave me adrenaline.

Ellie finally answered me on the third ring. "Hello?"

"Ellie!" I yelled, probably scaring her to death. "Pack your bags, we're going to London!"

She stuttered a few times before she could get everything out. "What? Bea, we can't just leave! What about school, our families, and everything else?"

It's not like I hadn't thought about it before. I mean, of course it would be difficult to finish college and all that fun stuff while we were hitching rides across the world to something that could so very easily not work out.

But that was what I wanted to do. Asher and I would make it, I knew we would because of the determination and love we have for one another.

"I'm not about to let him slip through my fingers again, El. And what about Grayson?" I was still jogging at that point as I neared the apartment. "I'm sorry, but I'm going with or without you."

We hung up after that and I clutched my phone in my hands as I ran. Needless to say, I was out of shape. I may have walked everywhere every day of my life, but I was not used to running. It felt like the air had been sucked out of me by the time I was climbing the stairs to our apartment. I could've taken the elevator, but that would have been too easy and slow.

The door was unlocked when I shoved it open. The apartment was quiet except for the sound of the heat kicking on. I didn't pay any attention to it as I entered my bedroom and began packing my things. I only packed some clothes along with my essentials like my sketchbook, pencils, and other important things money and my phone.

My two bags were stuffed completely once I finished. I knew that I would most likely forget something in my rush to leave, but that was a rick I was willing to take. Making sure I had my keys to the apartment, I walked out into the kitchen with one duffle bag hanging off my shoulder and one suitcase being pulled behind me.

"Ellie?" I called throughout the apartment. There was no answer, just silence. Her bedroom door was opened but I never paid attention to anything else. She was nowhere in there.

"Eleanor!" I yelled one more time, growing slightly angry that she wasn't there to say goodbye. I would have to come back to take care of a few things of course – if things even work out with Asher – but I needed my best friend.

Sucking in a deep breath to give me strength, I said a little prayer asking God to make this a good thing. I wanted everything to be okay and I wanted everyone to be happy.

I stopped at the top of the stairs when I left. My bags were heavy, but I didn't feel like waiting for the elevator. Instead I just hitched my bags up in my arms and marched down the steps.

The stress was already building up on me. I still had to buy my plane ticket, which most likely would not be cheap, and my cellphone was not going to work in London, I was sure. I wasn't exactly caught up on how all that works.

I started searching for a cab as soon as I stepped out of the building. There were a few buzzing by but I couldn't get my arms free in time to catch them.

That's when I heard a loud and feisty voice that belonged to only one person I knew.

"Would you please just wait a second?" Ellie practically demanded from a cab driver that was jabbering in Spanish, probably cussing her out.