Chapter 7: The Talking Snowman.

"This is the biggest temporary home I've ever seen." I made circle around the living room, staring at the tall ceiling and the fancy decorations. It felt ironic that two destructive boys were living in such a delicate-looking home.

"I've been in bigger ones," Asher sighed as he collapsed onto the soft, white couch. "None of them can beat the barn, though."

I stopped in front of the window and watched the snow fall. It was getting heavier by the hour and covered the beautiful city in even more beauty. Tapped the glass absently before walking toward the love seat beside the couch, plopping down on it.

"Have you been to the barn in a while?" I asked, watching him for a response. He turned the TV on and started scrolling through channels before landing on a channel I had never watched before.

"I've went back a few times, but not enough to make it feel like home again." He acted as if he wanted to go back and rewind his life. I got the feeling that he wasn't as happy as a rock star should be.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I leaned forward and narrowed my eyes at him.

He narrowed his eye back at me, leaning back into the couch to prop his legs up on the glass table in front of him. He propped his arms up behind his head and gave me a small, tired smile.

"I'm just really tired." Was his excuse. Maybe that's all that was wrong with him. Maybe he was perfectly fine, just tired.

"You and I are in the same boat, then. I think I've had a total of four hours of sleep every night," I explained as I rubbed my eyes. I realized that I never put any makeup on and I must have looked like a homeless person. I never did put much on, though, so hopefully it wasn't noticeable.

"I bet I woke you up this morning, didn't I?" The guilt of knowing he was right seeped through his voice.

"No," I lied. "Grayson did with his loud mouth." There was a moment of silence while we stared at each other. "How about we both just take a nap?"

The idea sounded wonderful to me, and Asher nodded his head as he shifted himself to lay flat on the couch. A fluffy pillow practically swallowed his head whole. I made myself comfortable by throwing my legs over the side of the love seat, letting my feet dangle. The TV seemed to be getting quieter as my mind drifted off to sleep, all thoughts coming to an abrupt end.

When I woke up, I was still in the same spot and in the same position on the love seat. A warm blanket was draped over me and my feet were freezing from the lack of blood they were getting. The TV was playing softly on some laundry detergent commercial. I lifted my head to look around at my unfamiliar surroundings. Asher was sitting on the couch, staring absently at the TV.

"Good afternoon, sunshine," he smiled, giving me a little wave. His smile sent chills down my arms and legs. I fell back onto the pillow under my head, still looking back at him. Then realization hit me.

I quickly moved so I was sitting properly on the chair. "Afternoon?"

"Yep. Did you know you talk in your sleep?" He asked amusedly, folding his hands together as he leaned forward onto his knees.

"I..." My cheeks flamed with embarrassment. "How would you know if you were sleeping?" I shot back.

"I wasn't sleeping," he smirked. I watched him head to the kitchen and I hopped up to follow him. I shuffled over to the bar where I pulled myself onto a stool. Like any other normal person would do when a seat twist, I began twisting myself back and forth. Asher chuckled at me as he grabbed two bowls from a cabinet.

"Aw, you're making us cereal for lunch?" I exclaimed with fake humor. Though I was actually excited to have some cereal – especially if it was Lucky Charms. Asher gave me a look as he pulled out a box of none other than Lucky Charms.