Bonus Chapter.

Asher's point of view!

The first thought to pop into my head after waking up from a four-hour's sleep was that it was the day. Maybe it wasn't the day, but it was close enough. My brother, my best friend, was getting married. On top of it all, I was proposing to the most beautiful girl inside and out.

Brody and Bea had something in common, though. They were two of the best people I had ever met. Two people I would trust with my life, two people I would die for. Most importantly, two people I wouldn't be able to live without.

Passed out on the queen-sized bed beside mine was Ben. I had to look away from the bare-butt that was sticking up. Cringing, I took the blanket he had kicked off and tossed it over him so I didn't have to see it anymore.

Finally I sat back down on my bed and looked around. The world looked different. The curtains were pulled back, allowing the sun to shine in through the glass. There was no explanation – just that I was happier. I reached for the jacket I had hanging over a chair in the room and pulled the velvet box out of its pocket. The diamond ring inside it made my heart jump.

It took me a few seconds to pull on some pants and a shirt before I could leave the room and find Brody's. It was a ways down the hallway but when I reached it, I pushed the surprisingly unlocked door open to find Brody sleeping peacefully. I laughed inside my head, not for long.

With a big leap, I jumped and landed on top of him just like I used to do on Christmas mornings. He didn't jump or even move, but a loud groan echoed throughout the room. He must have already been awake.

A smile stretched across my face. "Wake up, bub. It's like Christmas morning all over again. This time your present is a wife!"

"Dude," he groaned in response. He shoved my head out of his face and I rolled off of him. "Was that really necessary?"

"It's my brother's wedding day, how else am I supposed to wake him up?" I laughed and laid flat on my back. There was a tense moment of silence then, and for a second I thought he had fallen back asleep.

"I'm really getting married? That wasn't a dream, huh?" For a second I imagined us sitting by the creek that used to run by our house back home where we would take out little toy trucks and have out sophisticated little-boy conversations that usually consisted of who should say what to our imaginary people.

"You're really getting hitched," I confirmed.

"What about you? Did you decide if you were doing it today?" Brody asked with, what I detected, a small amount of excitement. I pursed my lips but didn't say anything yet. It was weird to think of myself asking a girl to be my wife.

"I don't know..." I trailed off. "I don't want to take away from you and Keira."

"Grow some balls, Ash," he said as he sat up. "You won't be taking anything away from Keira and me. She doesn't want a whole bunch of attention anyway, does she? Just take her into the garden, girls like that romantic stuff."

I narrowed my eyes at him jokingly. "You forgot to tell me when you became such an expert on women."

"Just do it, Asher." Brody rolled his eyes.

"Now you sound like Nike," I chuckled while he wacked me on the head with a pillow.

"What do you think Mom would be doing right now?" Brody suddenly asked, making my smile vanish. There was a toss-up on what she may have been doing. Either sitting in her room at home with the world cut off from her or helping Keira get ready with all the enthusiasm in the world. There was no in between.