Chapter 14: A drunk mind speaks a sober heart

"Beach day!" Lucy, Wendy, Levy, and I yelled in unison as we jumped around the beach in our swimsuits.

"I think you're forgetting we're here to train." Carla tells the four of us.

"Of course and I'm going to train day and night until I'm powerful enough to beat everyone on Sabertooth's team!" I declare.

"Now you seem excited to be here!" Natsu points out.

"It's been a while since I've came to the beach." I tell him.

-

"C'mon! Train at the beach with us!" Natsu begs as I start packing my bags to go train with the Thunder Legion. Bonnie had already left to train with Gajeel and Lily. Lily was going to show her transformation magic. I wanted to tag along, but it's a "secret."

"Natsu. Laxus is so powerful, I'm really looking forward to fighting him. Can you imagine how much stuff he would teach me?"

"But training will be boring without you!" Natsu whines.

"Training is not about having fun, it's all about working to better yourself." I respond.

"You're no fun." Natsu mumbles.

"I am plenty of fun!" I yell. Then I sigh, "Fine, I'll go to the beach."

He starts cheering and jumping around.

"However, if I don't get any stronger by the end of the three months, I will be mad. And I will take all my anger out on you." I warn him.

-

For the first day, Erza said we're allowed to do whatever we want. I was looking forward to training with the Thunder Legion. There wasn't much to do at the beach.

"Do you know where everyone else went?" I ask Wendy.

"The Strauss siblings plus Cana went to the mountain, Thunder Legion is travelling around, and Gajeel and Lily said their training was a secret." Wendy tells me.

"I wanted to tag along, but they told me I couldn't." Levy said. Lucy then starts teasing Levy about Gajeel.

"Well I'm going to lay down, maybe tan a bit." I inform them and go lay down next to Erza on the sand.

"How's training?" She asks.

"Eh. I wanted something more intense, but Natsu managed to convince me to come." I tell Erza.

"Just for today we'll be like this. Starting tomorrow we start intense training." Erza says.

-

I change into my robe and meet the girls on the balcony. "Wow! Look at the stars." I say and point to the sky. It's a dark night filled with stars. They're all just as amazed as me. "I wonder if everyone else is looking at them too." Lucy thinks. After a bit of star gazing, we go into the room.

"I'm quite thirsty." Erza tells us and opens the small fridge. Her eyes widen and she starts smirking. We go behind her to see what she found and it was booze. A lot of booze. She opens the booze with easy and drinks some then passes it to Lucy.

At first Lucy is hesitant to drink some. All of us were a bit hesitant to drink. "C'mon, just one." Erza encourages and Lucy takes a drink before
passing it to Juvia. Juvia to Levy, Levy to Carla, Carla to Wendy, and Wendy to me.

The drink was definitely strong. After the first one, I don't remember anything.

-

The door slides open and the jaws of every guy drops when seeing the girls drunk and bottles all over the floor. "What happened?!" Gray yells. Y/N crawls over to the boys and looks at each one of them. "Aw you all are so cute!" Y/N squeals.

Erza then takes an empty bottle and throws it at Gray. "Run and get us more booze!" She demands. Gray stands up and mumbles something, then Erza throws something again.

"Y/N, I can't believe you got drunk!" Natsu yells and leans down to get on eye level with Y/N. Y/N giggles then hiccups, "I'm sorry. It just happened."

Natsu sighs and Y/N frowns, "Are you mad?" She asks him. Natsu stutters, "N-no! I-I'm not mad!" Y/N stands up and wraps her arm around Natsu's.

"Then come have a drink with me!" She brings him inside and search every bottle for more. All of them were empty. "Well," Y/N grabs a pair of chopsticks and picks up an eggroll, "Say ahh!" She holds the egg roll to Natsu's mouth.

"No way! You're being weird!" He yells and turns to see all the guy's taken down by the girls. Then he hears a sniffle and quiet cries. He looks to see Y/N with tears in her eyes.

"You are mad!" She cries. "No! I'm not mad!" Natsu clarifies. Y/N wraps her arms around Natsu and buries her head in his chest. He's freaking out and taken aback by Y/N's change in behaviour. "I don't like when you're mad." She mumbles. Natsu hesitantly places his head on the back of her head and starts stroking her hair.

"I'm not mad... I promise." He pulls her away. She smiles at him and hiccups. "You're very cute, Natsu...." Y/N yawns and continues, "And I love you very much." She says before falling to sleep. Natsu manages to catch her before she falls.

She loves me?! Natsu thinks. He smiles to himself and places Y/N on his back and starts carrying her to a separate room, away from all the other girls.

Natsu's back is warm...