Chapter 11 - Deja Vu

Loving You is Killing Me

Chapter 11

I turned over to look out the window so I could avoid talking to Adam for the rest of the way back. He stopped trying to talk to me after about 5 minutes and turned on some music. I recognized all of the songs, some of them were favorites of mine, but I didn’t let on.

He pulled over to the student parking lot and swiftly got out of the car and opened the door for me in a flash.

“Thanks…” I mumbled as I got out of the car.

“No problem. See you later Leighton.” He replied with a grin.

I nodded really fast and rushed off to my room.

I hadn’t realized how tired I was until I reached my bed and fell fast asleep.

***

I heard a knock on the door and drowsily went to answer it. I was surprised when I saw Adam standing there.

“What do you want?” I asked, genuinely confused.

“I forgot something.” He replied looking as adorable as ever.

“What?” I asked admiring his lovely eyes.

“This.” He pulled me into his arms and kissed me deeply, leaving me speechless.

***

The bright morning light woke me up from my dream. I smiled to myself and then quickly remembered how much I hated Adam and frowned.

I got up from my bed and began getting ready for the day. I washed my face and brushed my hair. I had a piece of toast with jelly and then brushed my teeth. After I got dressed I put my hair up in a messy bun and put on some sunscreen.

It was great and sunny out and I wanted to take a walk and enjoy the day.

I tied my sneaker’s shoelaces into perfect bows and was ready to leave when I heard my phone ring.

The caller ID indicated that the call was from Peter, so I pressed the Answer button.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Hey little Leighton, come to Jitters with me.”

“When?” I asked.

“Em... Right now. Zoe went to her audition and Maria has work and I haven’t hung out with you in awhile. Wanna come?”

Peter’s voice was oozing with friendliness, making it impossible for me to say no.

“Alright, but I was about to go on a walk.” I grumbled.

“Oh… Well that’s okay. We can take a walk together.”

“That sounds great.” I smiled.

“I’ll meet you in your room.”

“Okay, bye Peter.”

“Bye Leighton.”

I was still smiling when I hung up. This should be interesting, moments with Peter usually are.

My blog was in desperate need for updates, so I sat down with my laptop and began to write. I got so absorbed in my writing like I usually do.

Writing for me is kind of an escape from the regular world, even if what I am writing about is actually the regular world, I always get lost in the mixture of words.

Peter’s timing was perfect because right when I was done, I heard footsteps coming in.

“Peter… I know you’re in here!” I yelled.