Chapter 34

Erik felt something stroking his cheek. His eyes blinked open, and he realized it was Christine caressing his malformed flesh. He smiled sleepily.

"Good morning, my love." Christine said groggily with a tired grin.

Her hair was extremely puffy. Erik had to stifle a chuckle.

"Good morning, my angel. You look amazing, as usual." He responded, meaning every word.

At that moment, he wanted nothing more than to hold her close and bury his face in her curls. He pulled her towards him to embrace her, when he realized that he was shirtless, and she was in undergarments. He quickly got out of the bed and stood at the right side, gazing down at her. She had a hurt expression on her face.

"Christine, please forgive me. I forgot that you weren't wearing your nightgown... I shouldn't have tried to be so intimate..." Erik said, his tone full of shame.

"Erik, it's alright." Christine responded, slowly getting out of bed as well.

The two stood on opposite sides. Christine walked to the footboard of the bed and her expression changed from innocent to mischievous. She motioned for Erik to come near with a single finger. He obeyed, entranced by the look on her face. He stepped closer and closer. Soon, they were nose to nose. Christine gently skimmed her lips against Erik's, sending shivers down his spine. His face turned a light shade of crimson. Christine playfully nipped at his upper lip, causing his face to redden even more. Unfortunately, she nipped too hard.

Erik didn't seem to notice...
He was too focused on the fact that she was tempting and taunting him. When she pulled away, blood was gushing from a small cut on his mouth. She gasped, her eyes filling with worry.

"What's wrong, Christine?" He asked.

"Ummm... Erik, you have blood on your lip."

He chuckled.

"Blood on my lip, you say...? Now, where could that have come from? Surely not from the bite of my angel! She would never bite me! Unless, of course... She was trying to flirt with me..." Erik said as a broad smirk crossed his mouth.

Christine giggled.

"Perhaps she was trying to flirt with you..." She replied.

"Oh, is that it? Is my angel trying to taunt me?" Erik inquired as his smirk grew even wider.

"Yes... She is." Christine said as she winked at Erik.