Chapter 14

(Okay, just a warning... The fluff in this chapter gets a tiny bit... Extreme. Basically, Erik uses the scarf to ummm... Well... Read on. :D)

Erik's eyes snapped to Christine.

"Mademoiselle, would you please join me on stage?" He asked with a smirk as he walked towards the edge of the stage and held out his right hand, keeping the 13 foot long scarf in his left.

Christine nodded, took Erik's hand, and stepped up onto the stage. Erik stood beside her and explained his next trick.

"The scarf I hold contains power. To show you what I mean, watch carefully..." Erik told the audience as he turned to face Christine.

"I know your name, Mademoiselle, but I have not told you about this trick. Correct?"

"That is correct..."

"So, how do you feel currently? Awake? Alert?" Asked Erik.

"Yes, very awake and amazed by your feats of magic!" Said Christine, smiling.

Erik chuckled.

"Thank you... Now what I'm going to do is cover your face with this scarf... Don't worry... The fabric is thin. You'll be able to breathe just fine..."

Erik wrapped the scarf around Christine's head multiple times and tied it at the back, like a blindfold. The second it was tied, Christine plummeted into a pit of sleepiness, and strangely... She felt hypnotized. She felt like Erik could make her do anything he pleased. She felt vulnerable, yet... loved.

"How do you feel now?"

"Tired..."

Erik came up behind Christine and lightly pressed his chest to her back.

"Mon ange..."

He whispered in her ear as his hands softly slid onto her hips.

Christine felt as if her knees were about to give out. She blushed fiercely and her heart rate sped up dramatically.

"We... Shouldn't be displaying such things on stage..." She thought.

A tiny voice in the back of her head screamed at her to get the words "Not here, please." out of her mouth, but her lips would not move, and frankly, she didn't care. She couldn't think. All she felt were his gentle hands resting on her sides, and his warm breath in her ear. Her mouth hung open, although it was covered by the scarf.

She inhaled through her nose and noticed a strong scent of cologne. This wasn't just any cologne, however. This was literally the most hypnotic and intriguing scent she had ever come across. She smiled under the scarf, knowing she had figured out this trick.

She felt her legs collapse under her, then she felt two strong arms wrap around her. Her weight was completely supported by those arms, her feet were barely touching the ground. Christine felt one of the hands move to the back of her head, and soon, the scarf was off. She opened her eyes and the only thing she saw was Erik's masked face looking down at her with a smirk. She quickly stood up, immediately regaining her composure and common sense. She was blushing profusely.

"So, Christine... How are you feeling?"

"...Fully awake and alert."

He stood her back up on her feet, stood next to her, and took her left hand in his right whilst holding the scarf with his other hand.

"Thank you for being such a wonderful volunteer, Christine." Erik said slyly.

"You're welcome..." She responded as she curtsied, using her right hand to hold the fabric of her dress.

"Before you return to your seat, I have something for you."

Erik let go of her hand and got out his magic wand after stuffing the black scarf back into his pocket. He removed the two white tips on either end, leaving a thin, empty black tube. He showed it to Christine, then to the audience. It was simply an empty tube... Or so it seemed. Erik replaced the white tips and shook the wand vigorously. He then removed one of the white tips and held the wand vertically. He tapped the bottom of the wand, and a real red rose peeked out of the top. Christine gasped and smiled at Erik. He tapped the wand again, and the rose crept out a little further. He turned to Christine and gave the wand a final tap. The rose was peeking out just enough so that she could pick it up by the stem, which she did. She gazed fondly at the deep red rose she held in her hands. It was tied with a black ribbon, which tugged at her heart strings.

The audience applauded as Erik led Christine back to her seat. He gave her a kiss on the hand and one final look as he walked back to the center of the stage. They locked eyes for a few seconds, but Christine averted her gaze as she came across a realization. She looked worried and a bit heartbroken, but Erik didn't notice. He had seen that look before. It was the look Christine gave him when she left him for Raoul, 2 years ago. He assumed she was having a flashback because of the nostalgic flower she had just received, so he went on with his magic show.