Chapter 7

Erik helped Christine onto Ayesha's saddle. He climbed on behind her, and they were off. A few seconds later, Erik had one of those "lonely" moments again. He wished that he and Christine could just ride off into the sunset together, no problems, no angry mob, no fop...

He tried to snap out of it, but the feminine figure directly in front of him made it impossible to ignore the feeling of utter loneliness. Erik needed her. He wanted her. He hungered for someone to share his lonely life with. Here she was, showing him nothing but kindness, and he was being unkind in return. Telling her how he hated her, not helping her up when she had a headache, things like that suggested that Erik did not love his guest.

"I should at least show her the same kindness she has shown me..." Erik thought.

He knew Christine liked affection, and secretly, Erik craved it too. He always did. Especially since he never got any.

He released the rein of his left hand, making sure that the right would keep the horse under control. He nervously placed his left hand on Christine's shoulder, and she slightly jumped at his touch. There had been no physical contact between them before that. Erik had been holding the reins at his sides, not even supporting Christine to make sure she didn't fall off the horse.

To Erik's surprise, Christine scooted backwards on the saddle, into Erik. She wanted someone to be close to, since she had experienced trauma from her ex-husband. Someone who wouldn't beat her. Erik was blushing like mad as Christine leaned into him. He slid his arms around her sides to hold the reins and they both blushed profusely.

After a few minutes of this, they arrived at the town.

"We're here..." Said Erik, not moving a single muscle.

"Yeah..." Replied Christine.

"We... Should probably go now... I wouldn't want to be late to work!" Erik said as he got off the horse.

He helped Christine down, and they walked into the plaza of the town.

(Sorry for the short chapter, but I hope you enjoyed the fluff! ^-^)