Chapter 11

Christine gasped.

"Christine? Why are you so close to me?" Erik asked, since Christine's face was still close to his as a result of what had happened just seconds ago.

"Oh, I ummm..." Christine stammered as she stood up from Erik's bed.

"Well?" Asked Erik as he sat up.

"I..."

"Spit it out!"

"Look at your face in the mirror, Erik."

He got out of bed and walked to a 7-foot tall mirror hanging on the wall.

Erik noticed a soft red lipstick mark on his cheek and gasped. His face turned a crimson red, even more pronounced than the mark itself! Christine blushed and turned away out of embarrassment.

"Y-you..."

Erik couldn't believe that someone would do something so kind to him.

"But, why?" He asked.

"I said this while you were asleep, but..."

Christine walked towards Erik and he turned to face her when she was near him. She cupped Erik's cheek with her right hand and looked up at his face.

"I love you..." She said softly as she placed a kiss on his left cheek. Erik's eyes were wide with shock and his heart skipped a beat.

"But... You only love me for the left side of my face." He said after her lips had left his skin.

Christine grabbed Erik's mask, removed it from his face, and placed it on his bed as a look of anger flashed across his eyes. He had no idea what she was doing. Christine was a tiny bit frightened at first, but after a few seconds, she relaxed and realized that if she was going to love Erik, she had to love all of him.

Even his deformity.

Now that Erik's mask was off, Christine had access to the malformed side of his face. She slowly planted a kiss on his deformed cheek. His heart melted instantly. A tear slid down the left side of his face, but Christine wiped it away and pressed her lips to his right cheek again, unable to stop herself from showing Erik her true feelings.

After the contact was broken, the two looked each other in the eyes.

"How is it possible... For someone to love this face..." Erik mewed softly as he stared at Christine's loving expression.

"I love you, Erik... All of you."

At this, Erik dropped to Christine's feet and began sobbing uncontrollably like a small child. Christine stooped to his level.

"Don't cry, Erik. Just be happy! But... I do need a favor from you..."

"Anything. Anything at all..."

"I need you to stop showing me actions of hatred, Erik... I don't want you to hate me. I want to love you, and be shown love in return. Please..."

"Of course... My angel."

Erik and Christine stood up. There was a long pause.

Suddenly, Christine felt herself being pulled forward and embraced. Erik was smiling as he stroked her hair and whispered "I love you." in her ear, making her blush wildly. Christine giggled as she snuggled into Erik's chest. She sighed happily, and Erik spoke after a few seconds.

"I must prepare for tonight's show... I'm sure it's almost time..." He said in an annoyed tone.

Christine didn't move an inch.

"Maybe... Just a few more minutes..." Erik said quietly as he stood as still as a statue, his arms around his angel.

Although he now knew that he loved Christine, he was still afraid of pursuing a relationship with her. He knew that if he got too attached to her, he wouldn't be able to go on if she left him again.

(Ooh, what's gonna happen?! By the way, thank you so much for reading my phanfic! I really appreciate it! :D)