Chapter 47

Erik and Christine approached Ayesha.

"She's such a good horse... Always staying where I tell her to..." Erik said proudly.

Christine unlinked her arm from his and placed her hands on her hips.

"Trying to make me jealous...?" She asked with a smirk.

"Why would I do such a thing...?" Erik replied.

"Because you like teasing me!"

"And I excel at it-"

Erik was cut off by a gentle kiss. Christine pulled away after only a second, leaving her lover's lips quivering slightly, wishing for more than just a peck.

She smiled at him.

"You were saying?"

Erik just stared at her with a longing expression. Christine stared back. She spoke after a few seconds.

"Now, which one of us is better at teasing?"

Erik hung his head and sighed in defeat.

"You are..."

"That's right. Don't forget it, Erik." Christine responded before wrapping her arms around his torso and pecking his lips again.

"Shall we go home now?" Inquired the masked man.

Christine nodded, and the couple was soon seated on Ayesha's saddle.

They rode home, Erik's chest meshed against Christine's back the entire time.

Once Ayesha was in her stable and fed, the soprano and the magician walked to the front doors of the castle.

"What would you like for dinner?" Erik inquired as he held the door for Christine.

"Anything, as long as you let me help." She responded as she entered the building.

Erik followed after her.

"How does steak sound...? Or soup...?" He asked before sneaking up behind her.

"Either of those sounds great!" She replied as she stood still, unaware of his location.

He removed her cloak from her shoulders and held it with one hand. Christine froze when she felt Erik skim his lips against the left side of her neck.

"E-Erik...? What are you d-doing...?" She asked nervously.

He replied by planting small, gentle kisses on her skin, slowly making a trail upwards.
When he reached her pulse point, he heard a loud whimper. He quickly pulled away, gazed at her with concern, and asked what was wrong.

Christine shook her head and looked towards the floor. Erik set the cloak he was holding on the nearest couch before approaching her from the front. He couldn't see the tears welling up in her eyes as he grabbed her hands.