Chapter 33

(Prepare for intense pheels, everyone! :3)
Christine stood, turned her back to Erik, and slipped her nightgown off.
His jaw dropped. Her back was dotted with big, purple, painful-looking bruises, long, thin laceration scars, and numerous, healing abrasion wounds. A slight breeze blew in through the window, which caused Christine to shiver. Erik could see her petite form shaking from both the cold, and from her sobs.

"Poor girl... Abused, yet she stands there in nothing but undergarments to show me the very source of her pain! She must really trust me... She's cold... I must do something!" Erik thought.

Without realizing the importance of the fact that they were hardly wearing any clothing, he came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her torso. She gasped, but soon relaxed in his embrace and caressed his deformity with her right hand.

"You're safe, my dear. You will never be abused again. I will make sure of it." Erik whispered in her ear.

"There's another wound on my stomach..." Christine murmured.

"May I see?"

Erik let go of her, and she turned around...
A huge, purple-black bruise covered a large portion of her abdomen. Erik's temper shot up. He would find the man who did this, and he would murder him.
Raoul had harmed his angel.
Raoul would pay.
Christine whimpered, tears streaming down her cheeks. She pawed at Erik's bare chest with her hands, earning a quiet chuckle from him and lowering his temper.

"You want up?" He asked with a smile.

Christine nodded in response. Erik picked her up, and his face turned a dark shade of crimson at the fact that she was hardly wearing anything. He set her on his bed, covered her with blankets, then lay down next to her. Extreme intimacy was the last thing on either of their minds... They were simply showing each other their painful pasts.
Nothing more, nothing less.
The two simply laid there facing each other for a few minutes, until Christine spoke again. Her tears were gone, and her sorrowful expression was replaced with one of thankfulness.

"Erik?"

"Yes?"

"...Thank you for letting me stay with you." She said, her tone full of gratitude and affection.

"...Thank you for loving me." Erik replied, his voice full of unending devotion.

Christine looked like she was in deep thought.

"You know... Now that I think about it... The two of us seem to have something... In common."

"And what would that be, mon ange?" Inquired Erik with an inquisitive expression.

"A fatal flaw."

Erik nodded in agreement.

"A disability..." He mused.

"Mine would be the fact that I am unable to live a normal life due to my deformity, and yours would be... Well... It doesn't matter, because I love you no matter what." He said with a warm grin.

Christine smiled a small smile at him before placing a hand on his right cheek and closing her eyes. Erik began stroking her hair, and the two soon drifted off into slumber...
Everything was peaceful.
(Thank you all so much for 3,000 views!!! You guys rock! But seriously... I like, made myself cry with this chapter... I hope you like it! Btw, please don't think I'm one of those people who won't talk to their readers. I would love to hear from you! Just leave a comment, and I'll be sure to answer! :D)