Chapter 43

Gaston's expression reflected that of a man who had just won the lottery.

"Oh, you've no idea how much you have delighted me! Thank you, Christine! Thank you so much!" He exclaimed.

"I should be the one thanking you!" Replied the soprano.

"They're going to love you, Christine!"

"You really think so...?"

"I know so." Interjected Erik, walking towards her.

Once the couple stood side by side, she grabbed his hand.

"So... When do I start?" She asked Gaston.

"As soon as possible!" He responded.

"Christine, your voice is almost ready to be presented, but we still need a few more lessons." Erik said.

"So if we have... 3 more practices... And today's Tuesday... I can start on Saturday!!!" Christine squealed excitedly.

"Christine... I'm glad you're eager, but it's not a good idea to have voice lessons every single day, several days in a row..." Explained Erik.

Christine looked towards the ground with disappointment evident on her face.

"Oh... You're right..." She murmured.

Erik let go of her hand placed a finger under her chin. He lifted her head up before saying,

"Please don't be sad... If we work hard, you can start a week from today..."

At this, Christine's expression brightened.

"Really?" She gasped.

"Yes, really." Responded Erik with a smile.

"Ooh, I'm so excited!!!" She squeaked as she jumped up and down.

"I'm confident you'll do an amazing job." Gaston said with a warm smile.

"Thank you, Monsieur." Christine replied as she curtsied.

"You're welcome, mademoiselle. So, if everything goes according to plan, you are to begin singing next Tuesday, on the 21st... Is that correct?"

"Absolutely! Oh, I simply can't wait!"

"Neither can we." Erik said, gesturing to himself and his boss.

"You two wouldn't mind if I stayed and listened to your voice lesson, would you...?" Gaston asked.

"No, not at all!" Christine chirped in response.

Gaston leaned against the nearest wall as Erik and Christine returned to the positions they were in before the unexpected entrance: Erik sitting at the piano, Christine standing next to it. The room was heavy with silence, until Erik's voice cut through the unsettling quiet.

"From the beginning?" He asked Christine.

"Yes, please." She responded.

(Hi... I know this is SUPER late... I'm really sorry. So very sorry. I've had writer's block, which I'm slowly recovering from. Anyways, thank you for reading! You guys are awesome!😊)