Chapter 21

Erik and Christine practiced all day long, and both of them were exhausted by sunset. If one were to take a look at them after their first lesson was over, they would find Erik sitting on a black couch near the tea table, and Christine sprawled across his lap with her eyes closed.

"I'll... I'll go make dinner." Christine mewed as she stood up from her laying position.

"I could prepare the food, if you'd like." Erik offered, knowing how tired Christine was.

"It's alright, Erik. Thank you for offering." She responded.

"Is there anything in particular you'd like me to prepare?"

"Anything you cook will be wonderful, thank you."

Christine blushed as she walked to the kitchen. She scavenged through the cabinets and found the supplies needed to make chicken soup.

After Christine had gathered all the materials, Erik stood from the couch and silently crept up behind her while she chopped carrots.

"Hello." He greeted as his chest barely touched her back.

She jumped a little, but soon giggled and replied,

"Hello, Erik."

"Would you like me to help you with anything?" He inquired.

"No, thank you. I'm pretty sure I've got everything under control." Christine replied confidently.

"Ah, I see. I shall wait for you on the couch, then."

"Alright."

Erik began walking back to the couch, but tripped over his own two feet! His mask flew off as his body met the ground. Luckily, the fall distance wasn't high enough to shatter the smooth piece of porcelain. Christine heard a thump, and turned around worriedly. She saw Erik laying flat on his face, but he quickly stood up, grabbed and replaced his mask, and kept walking as if nothing had happened. She got a glimpse of the left side of his face, which was a deep scarlet color. She giggled as she returned to chopping carrots.

~30 minutes later~

(Erik fetched his "eating mask" from his room while Christine was busy cooking, okay? :3)

"Erik! Dinner is ready!" Called Christine as she tiptoed over to him.

As he looked up at her from the couch, she noticed that he was reading a book. She could barely read the title on the cover from where she stood.

"'La Belle et la Bête'?" Christine inquired with perfect French pronunciation. "What's that about?"

(I apologize if this chapter was boring or too short... I tried. I'm sorry I can't write in detail lol. Oh, by the way, "La Belle et la Bête" is the original novel of "Beauty and the Beast". Thank you for reading!)