Grand Magic Games?! Ch. 26

Start from the beginning

Time skip

I sit next to Laxus, trying to pay attention to Gramp's speech. Laxus was twisting my hair and messing with my hands, bouncing his leg, restless.
"... And so I have decided to retire. Now I present your new master..."
Is he serious?! I look at Laxus in shock. He ignores me and starts to make a tiny braid in my hair.
"The fifth master of Fairy Tail is..." He points his arms behind him where Mira stands. "Is Gildarts Clive!!!"
We look at him in confusion and his hands fly up in shock.
"What happened to Gildarts?!" Master asks.
"He left a note behind." Mira says.
"What?!!" He grabs it from her and reads aloud. "To Master, and fellow members of the guild... Being master... just ain't my style. Sorry. GNWHA?!!"
I laugh and my body relaxes. Master's still gonna be here.
"But, what the heck. As the fifth master of Fairy Tail, there are a couple of things I will order... First, I approve the reinstatement of Laxus as a Fairy Tail member."
Laxus's hands freeze in my hair and he looks off in shock.
"How dare he go and...!" Gramps yells, angry.
"Gildarts..." Laxus says under his breath.
"All right, Laxus!" Brixlow exclaims. Ever latches to his arm.
"Now the Thunder Legion is totally back together!" Laxus sits there stunned. "I don't... Um..."
Fried touches his face, tears streaming down. "Gildarts! You're a great man..." 
I take Laxus's hand and grin at him. He blushes and raises our hands to his mouth, kissing the back of my hand.
"Grrr... If the fifth master commands it..." Gramps says shaking with anger. "And second... I name Makarov Dreyar as the sixth master of Fairy Tail. Me again?!"
We are right back to where we started...
" I'm going on a journey. I'll be back when I feel like it's time to return. So everybody, take care. And, hey, Cana. Sorry to be so selfish. But... If you ever want to see me, ask the card to call me anytime. It's connected to a card I've got, and I'll be right there-" Cana rips the card in half.
"No way! Come on, old guy! I told you that I want us to be the way we always were!"
"Fairy Tail is my home. So I'll be back. And until then... I'll be hopeing that Fairy Tail can become the No. 1 guild in Fiore again. But it isn't my place to do that. It's yours. Master... That can be your final job. To make Fairy Tail once again the greatest guild in Fiore!!!" Gramps looks around.
"Hmmm.... What do you mean 'final,' you idiot!! After this, I'll never leave the master's seat to anyone!! I'm going to do this until I die! I need liquor! Bring out the hard stuff!" He yells.
"Yes, sir!"
"Look at him! He's annoyed now!"
"Well... Looks like it's all settled."
"What a man!"
"You're always using that word for everything, huh?"
Gramps quickly downs multiple pints of liquor. Every argues about Gildarts's favor.
"Of course. I suppose it will take some time to restore us to what we were." Erza says, sighing. Romeo jumps on top of the table.
"Erza! If you're looking to get us to No. 1 quick... There's just one way!"
"Wha-?!"
"Y-You don't mean..."
"Not that..."
We all stare at them in confusion.
"No!!! We already decided we'd never participate!"
"What do you mean, Fourth Master?" Gramps asks.
"Could you stop calling me that, Sixth Master?" Romeo stomps over.
"We are going to enter! We are! We are! We are! We are!"
His dad glares. "We're not! We're not! We're not! We're not! I refuse to allow it! I'm against entering that thing, even one more time!"
"You don't have the right to decide anymore, Dad! You aren't the master!"
"I'm saying this as a member of the guild! Everybody who doesn't want to enter! Nay!!!"
"Naaay!"
"Yeah, I'm willing to do a lot, but not that."
"It just makes us ashamed to be alive."
Eight people raised their hands!
"But this time, we have the Sirius Island group! We've got be bro Natsu and both big sis Erza and Y/n! Fairy Tail will not lose!!"
"Every keeps arguing about entering and not entering what? I don't think you're talking about Lucy's bathroom after she takes a-"
"Don't you dare talk about that in public!" Lucy interups. Max walks to them.
"While you guys were gone, the country started a fastival to determine the top guild in Fiore." My ears perk and Natsu and I say in sync.
"Now that sound fun!" We fist bump each other.
"All the guilds gather together for a huge magic competition! And it's called the Grand Magic Games!"
"Ohh...!"
"The Grand Magic Games!!"
"Sounds like fun!"
"A real festival, huh?"
"Of course! If we could win... Then Fairy Tail would become the top guild in Fiore!"
Master strokes his face, thinking. "Maybe, but the way you all are now, I have my doubts that we could actually win..."
"Right! Just as the master says. The guild that wins gets a grand prize of thirty million jewels!" Max says, slyly.
"We will enter!!!" Master yells.
"Both Blue Pegasus and Lamia..."
"Saber tooth will be competing!"
"By the way, every time in the past, we've come in dead last!"
"That's nothing to brag about." Master punches the air. "We'll rout 'em all, one by one."
"I'm all fired up!" Nastu yells.
"Shut up!" Jet tells him.
"When do the games start?" Natsu asked.
"In three months!"
"That's plenty of time! I'll see that I'm to speed by then! We'll make Fairy Tail the number one guild in Fiore again!"
"Sounds good!"
"Yeah! As long as we work together.."
"There is nothing we can't do!"
I nod along. Some protest but Master shuts the up quickly.
"So let's bring home thirty mil- Ahem... Let's bring home that trophy for Fiore's best guild!" We can do this!