Chapter 1: Scintilate

Start from the beginning

She jolted up.

A pearl white 2019 Lamborghini Huracán car cruises down the driveway, parking itself on the side. The driver was sitting in the front passenger seat with so much soft leather around him that he could barely hear the 630 horsepower, 5.2-liter engine. 'That car costs over 200k US dollars, what the hell?'

A mixture of men and women crowded around the car, making sure that the owner would be able to get out.

'Oh shit he's back.'

A man steps out of the car, wearing a black bucket hat that covered almost half of his face, ripped jeans, black t-shirt that was topped with a plaid button down shirt and black leather jacket— but of course, you can't forget about the box of banana milk in his hands. He always gotta have that.

A few girls joined (Y/N) in the balcony to see the whole commotion outside of the building.

"Wahhh he finally finished filming his movie already!?" One of the girls says with excitement.

"I heard that in that movie, he was portraying as one of the deadly sins... gluttony I think? Damn, he can eat me out whenever he wants that's for sure." Everyone chuckled around her, but (Y/N) remained silent.

"Mmm such a daddy— I mean boyfriend material," another says.

"Do you think he has a girlfriend?"

"How about you mind your own business?" (Y/N) spoke out loud in a sinister tone; her action caught all of the girls off guard as they stared at her with fear.

"What's wrong with you?" The girl retorted with a cocked eyebrow as she crossed her arms in defense. She's beautiful, there's no in doubt with that, but for (Y/N), all she could see is the ugliness inside. Somi has been in (Y/N)'s classes ever since freshman year in university yet something about her changed ever since then.

"Do you want a list?" (Y/N) snapped back.

Before the tension arises from both the females, Somi's friends held her back and left the scene with smug written all over their faces. (Y/N) remained in the balcony until she heard a key being twisted from the direction of her professor's room. Without hesitation, (Y/N) bolted, making sure that she was the first one before many of her classmates can take her chance of extra credit.

"Professor Han!"

"Oh boy here we go again," Professor Han rolled his eyes jokingly as he chuckles whilst opening the classroom. "What do you want now Ms. (L/N)?"

"Extra credit. Please Professor Han I really need it, I will do anything to get it— my grade is in need of saving, I don't want to put them up for adoption just because I can't raise them," (Y/N) let out a small laugh from her joke. 'Nice delivery (Y/N).' She mentally patted her back.

Although it wasn't appropriate to say it at this specific time or scene, she used it to lighten the heavy atmosphere filled with exhaustion and volatile emotions. Professor gave her the look and said, "(Y/N) I'm currently raising twins of my own— you think I don't want to put them up for adoption? I'm just joking, my wife would probably smack the hell out of me and make me sleep in the couch for the time being."

As (Y/N) and Professor Han entered the room, another male with a bucket hat entered without their acknowledgement and listened to their conversation silently with a grin on his face.

"I get it— children could be a pain and so, to get another child off your back (ehem me), you should give that child an extra credit."

"That's nice Ms. (L/N). Are you sure you don't want to be a lawyer? I feel like you're choosing the wrong major here," Professor Han commented as he set his materials on his table that he'll need for today's classes.

"I'm afraid I cannot formulate sentences that can express oneself's conceptualization of the clientele's case... that would conclude to a substandard repercussion if I myself take it on," (Y/N)'s lips curls into a wide smile.

"You just made a complex sentence (Y/N), don't play with me—"

"EHEM," the male in the bucket hat coughs as his banana milk that he was drinking entered the wrong hole. "I'm sorry, I nearly choked on my delicious drink. Go on, I'm enjoying the show here. Excellent convincing by the way (Y/N), you're doing great sweetie."

Professor Han and (Y/N) wore a puzzled face. "How long have you been standing there?" Both asked in unison.

"The moment you both entered the classroom, I trailed silently behind your back and closed the classroom door so no one could come in," he answers as he took another sip of his banana milk and coughed again.

"Jungkook no drinking non-water beverages here please and huh—" Professor Han paused. "I just got a great idea..." he eyed the male and female.

"Oh no Professor Han had an idea," Jungkook eye goggles his teacher.

"Since Jungkook has been gone for almost a year why not you," Professor Han pointed at (Y/N). "(Y/N), helped Mr. Jeon with his work. If he does well, I'll raise your grade up. Isn't it a win-win situation?"

"Wait what, I didn't sign up for that," (Y/N)'s face turned pale. "Wait this doesn't make sense, if I'm already behind with work, why are you putting me up in charge with this dude who is also behind with work— isn't that a bit... I don't know, not a great idea?!"

"You guys will do fine and besides, team work makes the dream work," Professor Han emphasizes as he opens the door, letting the rest of the students in to start the lecture.

'Jeon Jungkook.

The man I haven't seen for a year because of his busy schedule, the man who suddenly rose to fame because of his last movie and now, he just finished his new movie; some rumored that it was called "Masked Parade". What am I going to do with him?

Oh man, holy shit, is he even the same person I knew from freshman year? He looks so... different.'

(Y/N) took a deep breath. "This is a terrible, horrible, incredibly foolish idea. Fuck it, let's do it and let's see what happens."

Professor Han eyed the female. "LANGUAGE!"

"Sorry!"

.
.
.
.
A/N

And the story begins ✌︎('ω')✌︎

—France