Chapter 1: Scintilate

February 6, 2019

"I should've taken a nap before coming here," the female sighs. "Or 7 shots of caffeine."

(Y/N) sat, tired-eyed, and slumped over the floor as she waited for her college professor to arrive. It was early— too early for her to be here, but she needed (well wanted to be more precise) extra credit.

(Y/N) shook her head. "Scratch that, I need 8."

She was tired as hell, weary with the burden of long-closed eyes; (Y/N) could have easily pulled off being a walking zombie. She was dead on the inside, but subconsciously awake on the outside.

"What is taking professor Han so long to come?" The female hazily talked to herself as she rubbed her eyes. "Ugh I need fresh air..."

She had too much alcohol last night... and so as many, many of her previous nights ever since she came here in Seoul. Maybe it was a mistake coming here, but getting accepted to Seoul's most prestigious university, Seoul National University, was a big opportunity that she cannot pass whatsoever. No matter the cost, (Y/N) was determined to enter and become the first graduate of her family.

The costs?

What were the costs?

An arm or a leg would be nice, but nah, that's not how capitalism work in this economy.

Just like many of those cliché books that many people read, (Y/N) moved out from a small town next to Seoul. It wasn't special, (Y/N) have been in Seoul countless times for work, school activities, and the list could go on, but the only difference was that she was with her friends and family; now, she had no one when she moved in a small cramped apartment.

Desperate for work, (Y/N) encountered Kim Chung Ha— the blond headed girl who helped (Y/N) navigate through some parts of Seoul that (Y/N) didn't even know existed. One day... (Y/N) was desperate, she needed work or she'll be drowning in debt from her university costs. She did try to apply for scholarships, but because of her previous dean's inadequacy, many of her school papers were missing. (Y/N) thought that it was a miracle she got into the university with all of the complications.

That's where The Hostess came in.

Everything (Y/N) saw in the Hostess was unimaginable. Gold colored walls, glamorous lights, leather seated couches, and the girls... they all look so lavishing with their diamond earrings and necklaces, red bottom shoes, and well-known named brands: Gucci, Loui Vuitton, Prada, Chanel— it's a dream come true.

(Y/N) wanted it.

And she got it.

Well... she got it from her costumers that's for sure, but this job pays so well. Earning 46 thousand American dollars per month plus receiving experiences such as meeting new people (that only a few girls and boys could ever meet), gifts, and of course, dining in sumptuous restaurants that you have to place a reservation six months in advance.

It's worth it.

But is it really?

Becoming the #1 Hostess came in a lot of price.

Heck it took (Y/N) to get 8 hours of sleep 3 days. The most impressive thing she accomplished was getting 7 hours of sleep in a week. 'Ha try to beat that,' (Y/N) chuckles to herself. 'Wait I don't think bragging that I got 1 hour of sleep a day for a whole week is a good thing... oh well.'

(Y/N) stopped at the balcony that peered through the main entrance and the drive way of the building where students rushes to their class. It was just across from her professor's locked room.