Chapter Eighty-Nine: Telling Her

"What do you want?" I growled.

"You know what I want Jungkook, and I will get it." He walked closer to me as he did not intimidate me one bit.

"You all better watch your backs from now, I'm not alone," he smirked while walking away.

I was ready to say something, but he was nowhere to be seen. I hit myself for walking this way, I had to tell Namjoon this when I was back.

I walked out of the abandoned streets and made my way back to the middle of town as I watched the stars twinkle in the sky.

I made it to the woods, I haven't been to my hideout in a while, so I decided I'd go for a few minutes.

I adventured through the woods passing by the usual path I take to the treehouse, it comes into my view and I climb up the ladder. I sat on a beanbag and watched the stars peacefully, I let a sigh as thoughts clouded my brain, what was I going to do?

I heard voices from outside, I blocked them out as my thoughts were still ongoing making me feel even more anxious for the future.

"I knew you'd be here."

I snapped back to reality and noticed it was Lydia, I just stared at her as she got comfortable on the floor.

"How did you know?" I mumbled.

She shrugged, "I had a feeling."

"Why did you come out at night alone? It's dangerous."

Lydia shook her head, "I never. Jimin is down there he walked with me. Now tell me, what has made you so upset?" She questioned.

I gulped, I didn't want to tell her just yet, I mean was it too early? Too late? Or was this the perfect time to tell her? This would be difficult. What if she takes it the wrong way?

"Jungkook?" She waves her hand in front of my face, I shook my head and sat up, "Sorry, just thinking," I apologised.

"It's fine, are you going to tell me?"

"Yes, but I don't want to upset you."

"You won't, just tell me, what's wrong?" She placed her hand onto mine.

"Lydia, I-" I paused for a second, I had no idea how to tell her. "I mated on you."

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"I mated on you, I'm so sorry."

"But what does that mean?" She looked at me with a frown.

"I can't figure out how to tell you in the best way but it means that we belong together, you are mine and I am yours, that's how Namjoon described it." I couldn't face her.

"Jungkook," she let out, I heard Lydia sniff. I looked up, and noticed she was crying.

Great, you made her cry.

"What else does it mean?" She whispered.

"There's a serious part to the mating process, but I don't want us to go through with it. It's for me to turn you into a vampire but I would rather die than have you be a creature of the night like me, I couldn't bear it," I said telling her how I felt, she had to know.

She gasped and moved away from me, I felt my chest sting, she was frightened.

"I'm so sorry, I can't tell you how sorry I am for all of this." I went to touch her hand as she flinched a little.

"I promise I won't do anything to you," I softly said.

She could only nod, "I'm sorry, it's just weird for me to put all this together," She said slowly pulling me into a hug.

"What does that mean relationship-wise?" She asked.

"I think it means that we have to be in a relationship," I chuckled.

"Do you want to?"

I instantly nodded, "Only if you do," I smiled. She looked at me for a second as her frown turned upside down, "I would love that."

We shared our moment together as Jimin shouted up to us.

"Are you finished, I think I'm going to be sick!" He asked as he pretended to make vomiting sounds.

"Yes, we are coming down now!" I yelled.

"Shall we?" I asked, holding my hand out for her.

"We shall."